Girls, A guy needs to have a car to date you?

if a guy doesn't have a car he shouldn't bother asking you out? agree or disagree?

No car = no date?

• He must have a car or I won't date him
  • I'm OK with him not having a car
  • See results (for guys)

Most Helpful Girl

• At this point in my life, I'm okay with him not having a car. I'm 19 and in college and I don't have a car. College is expensive and I don't have a great enough need for a car (or the resources) to buy one. I'd completely understand if the guy was in the same situation.

What Girls Said 12

• He doesn't need to have a car for me to be interested in him. If I felt that way, I'd be a hypocrite. I barely drive myself... Sure, if he had his own car or could borrow one from someone it would make transportation easier, but there are other ways for us to get around.

• It kind of depends. I live in the city and I have a car, but if he doesn't have one and lives in the city as well, that's fine. Cars aren't really necessary in the city cause you can easily just take a cab, bus, or subway.

But if he lives outside of the city and it means that I would always be the one to pick him and drive him when we go out, then I would not date him.

• So why can a guy be the one who constantly picks up the girl, but it can't be the other way around? Just curious.

• I don't want him to drive me around. We both will cause that's the fair thing to do. He's not my chauffeur so I wouldn't make him drive me everywhere.

• not needs but it would be very nice!

• well I'm 23 and usually date guys 25+...im not saying that its a necessity to have a car but most people by this age have one so it would be kinda strange if he didn't have one.

• I am only OK, if I lived in the city. If no car, I don't think I would date him. To me that means he has no income. No income, no date. I work hard for my money, and I expect the same of a future mate.

• what if he does have a job and income, but prefers to take the bus to save money?

• That is great. If I lived in the city I would not own a car either. I would take public transportation I am all for that in the city.

• Girls, A guy needs to have a car to date you? -- NO :)

• Depends... can he afford a bus pass? D:

I like riding my bike.

• lol no.

• im fine with him having no car...

• I'm in college and there are lots of people who don't have cars. I understand that. College is expensive. In certain places like New York City you don't ever need a car. I do have a car but I wouldn't mind if someone I dated didn't have a car. When I got older I might mind more but for now I don't.

• At my age, probably yes, if he is awesome in many ways No I would overlook it.

Though he would have to be super awesome to make up for lack of car.

• If I have a good feeling about this guy, I don't care if he doesn't have a car. I have a car. It would be nice of him to help pay for gas (like 50%) if I need to pick him up before dates and such, though.

What Guys Said 3

• No, they don't.

• A be some shallow bitches.

• Once a girl dates a guy with a car, she will never date a man who doesn't have one. The same things goes with his own place ect.