LADIES - You've been dating a guy for a while, you find out he owns a lot of [blank], which one is a turn-off?

You've had a number a dates with a guy and you're starting to find yourself really attracted to him. One day he invites you over to his place, where he lives alone and while you're there you see that he owns an excessive amount of [blank], which of the following do you feel would be more of a turn-off to you?

• Excessive amount amount of comic books
  • Excessive amount amount of video games
  • Excessive amount amount of p*rn
  • Excessive amount amount of religious miscellaneous
  • Guys click here for results.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a bit torn between p*rn and religious misc.

The religious part is simply because most people are referring to Christianity when they say "religious". As a Pagan, I find it difficult to date any die-hard Christian and find it annoying if that particular religion is an enormous aspect of there life. I'm talking, follow the Bible to key, go to church every Sunday, no cursing, what would Jesus do kind of stuff. I just can't handle it. I'm all for God being a part of your life, but when it consumes you to the point where you don't have anything else in your life, there's just no room for me in it either.

For me, the porm is more understandable. Guy's need more visual stimulation to masturbate, which is a very healthy, normal thing to do. And owning p*rn might mean he doesn't hasn't been getting a lot of help from others girls, so he probably hasn't been sleeping around or anything. However, an excessive amount would probably throw me off a little.

Comic books don't bother me. I read manga, and to most people, manga equates to comic books.

Video games? I probably have more than any boyfriend I'll ever have.

What Girls Said 43

• Letter A doesn't bother me. I really like dorky guys, lol. c:

B is fine, as long as he doesn't let them get in the way of our relationship or his lifestyle. Cancelling plans to play video games is pretty stupid.

C is a definite deal breaker. I don't care how long I have to wait, I won't date a guy who looks at p*rn. There ARE respectable guys who don't watch p*rn, and I know some. I'm saving myself for my husband, and if a guy isn't willing to work to keep his mind and body pure, it won't work out. End of story.

D is great, a turn-ON. :) Men of God are the only men for me.

• Love this answer.!

• So does "if a guy isn't willing to work to keep his mind and body pure" mean that he just shouldn't look at p*rn or does that entail not masturbating also?

• You have to understand that I'm a practicing Catholic, and I want a guy who shares my faith. I wouldn't date a guy if I couldn't see myself marrying him. Masturbation is a sexual sin, and a guy has to overcome that habit if he wants to date me.

• A and B would be totally fine with me. They are just hobbies, and it's okay to have a lot of something when it is a hobby. C and D would both give me a pause. Excessive amounts of religious paraphernalia would be a red flag for me, just because if a guy is very religious we probably won't be compatible. But I voted D. While I understand that most guys watch p*rn and I am ultimately okay with it, I would feel uncomfortable if it appeared to be a huge part of his life. It's something I want him to be somewhat discreet about, particularly when we are first getting to know each other. If I can walk into a guy's home and immediately see evidence of his interest in p*rn, then he is not the guy for me.

• I'm voting for C p*rn I could understand if it's reasonable amount, but excessively is kind of weird, D is quite okay, but I need to make sure he's not an extremist or something. For comic books and games, lol I kind of foreseeing a competition there~ :P

• Okay, so I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend had p*rn actually, I would be okay with it. But an extreme excessive amount would be a turn off. If I would find a magazine of p*rn in his room, I would most likely laugh and tease him about it (lovingly though, I wouldn't try to hurt his feelings though because that could be a sensitive topic for some guys.) But yeah, it's not really a turn off (neither a turn on for that matter) but it would be a little troublesome if he had a crap ton of it. I am a gamer, I love comics, and I am religious, so the only one that suited me would of been C. And I'm not a guy so I couldn't pick E either :P

• Comics are great. I could borrow them :D

Video games are fine so long as he doesn't spend more time with them than me :P

Religious stuff is his own business... We're all entitled to our own beliefs. Once he respects other peoples too.

Porn... deal breaker!

I'm not gonna compete with a magazine. I'm only for boys who like real women ;)

• comics are fine I also read magzines ( cosmopolitian and stuff)

video games are fun I also play... its a great time pass when we don't have anything to talk about.

po*n is good it shows he is a guy with real interests, and can give me a crazy and fun time...

religious is not who I am, I don't like a guy telling me what should I do in order to please almighty...

so a lot of religious stuff is a big no no for me...

• C. I've dated the type. It was horrible and resulted in him having difficulty with our RL encounters because of the mental damage it did to what he considered sexual stimuli and being more used to the friction and control he had with his hand.

• I can careless if they have an excessive amount of A or B. Ehh, I'm a little sketchy about C but whatever, as long as it doesn't take up most of their time to the point where they're crazy obsessed with it, I'm okay. For me, D is an exception and I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to learn as much as possible about religion. Truthfully, I'm stunned how people are really turned off by someone who has an excessive amount of religious stuff. Being obsessed with religion isn't a turn-off, being so religious to the point someone constantly judges a person's actions is.

None of these are total turn-offs to the point I wouldn't talk to someone. It's just a piece of their personality that I would either have to accept or not. And in any of those situations, I would accept all of them.

• C all the way.

What does he need so much stimulation? Is it hard to get off? Insane fetishes?

Too odd for me, I'm sure some would enjoy it though.

:p

• comic books I read myself

excessive games would be a plus ;p

porn? we can watch together

the reason I choose D is becasue if would be safe to assume that is you have an excessive amount of religious stuff that you yourself are extremely religious and those type of people are usually judgmental to others that are not like them. not all religious people of course but its not a preference.

on two occasions I was walking a guy was saying sin was bad (basically) and I said looked and said ty then he kept repeating himself and yelling at me like I did something wrong (judging) and I just had to move from him on both occasions. the word og God is important to me and I enjoy it but like anything else there is a limit on what's appropriate

• I voted for C. My reasoning is that it would make me worry if I was enough for him compared to the big busty screaming p*rnstars. Realistically I know most guys have some p*rn and some go to websites once in a while and that's fine by me, but if he had huge piles of erotic movies I would get a little concerned...

• Voted C.

• Comic books and video games are fine with me, in fact I prefer it that my guy likes video games. Excessive p*rn would be a turn off but not as much as excessive religious miscellany. People who are extremely devout live under too many rules. I imagine the relationship wouldn't be very fun even if he was open to dating a non-religious person to begin with.

• definitely religious stuff. I can't be with someone who is obscenely religious. too many comic books sounds cute , lots of video games would be awesome, and excessive amounts of p*rn isn't something I would love but I could deal with a lot of better then religion..

• I was torn between C an D. Neither one of those bothers me when its in moderation, but to have excessive amounts... no, that would be a problem. In the end I chose D. I'm not too religious, so I know I would clash with a guy who was so religious that he owned an excessive amount of merchandise.

• porn.

i realize every guy is visual... but if its EXCESSIVE amounts then it looks really desperate or really creeper status lol. comic books or video games I don't really mind. having a strong religious value can be very nice but if it's too much it would overwhelm me and make me feel he might not be accepting of my beliefs.

• Porn is okay so long as it's not some weird sh*t like little kids or animals

I would say excessive religious stuff is more of a turn off.

Comics and video games are awesome! XD :D!

• I voted C, but if I could, I would've voted D too.

A and B is just a bit nerdy and cute :) Though, it depends...

• I voted D. I don't like overly religious people, they tend to be very close minded and pushy, not all but certainly a lot.

• Excessive amounts of p*rn.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if he owns p*rn, but if he owns a sh*t ton of it, I'm going to feel a little neglected.

• But for the record, I wouldn't dump him for it unless it was clear that it was a very consuming habit.

• a lot of comic books!

-love Sosa

• None of them really would bother me if they didn't interfere with his life outside of the excessive amount of whatever. Everyone has their own little quirks and obsessions you just can't let them control you.

• Religion here. I like comics and games too so that's cool with me. P*rn would be an issue if it affected the relationship, but as long as its not affecting things, I'm cool with it.

• too much p*rn

• C This crap is a big turn off.

• None of it really bothers me. I guess religious stuff. Excessive p*rn wouldn't bother me, as long as it's not like, SUPER weird creepy stuff... I need not elaborate. :p

• I absolutely hate organized religion. If that is what he is into, it would raise a red flag for me.

• Just curious about your views...why do you despise organized religion so much?

• It is a long story. I don't have time to tell it the moment.

• Probably the same reason many other people do. Because they take words that were meant to inspire good in people, and twist them to abuse the power for their own benefit.

• P*rn for sure. I'm jus not into guys who utilize p*rn.

• Most sexually active guys are into "adult material".

• the only men who are not into p*rn or sex exploitation are men with low testosterone level.

• Or perhaps amongst a sea of men who like to exploit sex there's a handful of them who have enough respect for themselves & others that they don't engage in this sort of thing. I know most people are going to find it hard to believe but there are still some half decent people in this world. As I previously pointed out, the men I know who don't exploit sex are Christians & part of being a Christian is keeping sexual acts between you and your wife, not to be used whenever you feel like getting your rocks off

• C. and really nice question.

• The p*orn would be what'd bother me.

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 11

• I guess I'll answer the same thing if it was a girls house I was visiting and she had excessive amounts of stuff.

A: I'd just be like meh, whatever. If she likes that stuff I'm not gonna complain

B: That'd be kinda cool, I don't have time to play really, but I love video games :D

C: Be kinda kinky, but why not.

D: If she's a religious nut, I won't be in her house in the first place. So if she just has this weird collecting religious stuff habit, I'll let it slide.

If her being a religious nut somehow slipped past my guard, well it's still not a big deal as long as she doesn't try and shove that crap down my throat.

If she's just selling it on ebay and stores it in her house, lol that's cool too.

If she just owns an excessive amount of stuff but isn't freakishly obsessed with it to the point it interferes with our living our daily lives and hence the relationship, then I'm cool with it.

• A: Wtf? Just a comic book. Think he should dump you for any stupid type of literature you like?

B: Just a hobby, again, stupid to get upset over

C: Y HELO THAR INSECURE ONES WHO CHOOSE THIS!

D: As long as they aren't pushing religion on others, I see no problem with this either

In short, wtf women?

• The key word here is "excessive". While I agree that even "excessive" amounts of comic books shouldn't be a big problem, can you really blame a girl for being turned off if a guy's entire house is full of p*rn?

• Lets say that the female equivalent of C is a girl whose room is covered in posters of Twilight and shirtless guys... a girl who is in her 20s. Wouldn't you expect that from a 14 y/o girl? I expect guys to watch excessive amounts of p*rn when they're 14 and not be discreet about it. Just don't leave trace and we won't think badly. Really... think about it the same as an obsession with Twilight would be... would you be turned off by that? Honestly...

• I wouldn't care about it tbh. It'd clearly be an interest we don't share which is one thing, but if there's plenty of other things we mesh well together with and I love her? I don't care. As long as she's happy, healthy, loyal, etc. Why should I care?

• Am I the only one finding it slightly funny that p*rn and religious stuff is being rated on the same level here?

• lol religion is just as offensive as p*rno. Wonderful.

• I wonder what the female equivalent of this question would be...

• A) Excessive amounts of Cosmo, Seventeen, whatever.

B) Excessive amounts of make up/clothes/shoes/accessories.

C) Excessive amounts of romance novels, Twilight stuff, maybe?

D) Excessive amounts of religious stuff.

• I voted E, because I'm a guy... But D would be a 100% get the f*** away from me.

• wel girls I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will never find a guy who isn't into p*rn

• There is, however, a difference between liking p*rn and being obsessed with it.

• this isn't true, I know guys who aren't into p*rn

• The thing is not finding a guy who is not into p*rn, just not a guy who is obsessed with it. I mean, I know guys who still own stacks of DVDs, these guys literally have thousands of GB worth of p*rn. Ain't that a bit much I ask? There are so many free websites which make it all so much easier, no need to have stacks of DVDs...

I think it's like girls who have their rooms COVERED in Twilight posters and what not, I'd image that would be a turn off, right?

• For the p*rn, you guys need to get external hard drives and download online.

Having tons of videos looks bad no matter what!

• Dammmn? They picked p*rn ? But I don't even watch it

• judging from the results these girls won't be big fans of my collection of vatican p0rn.

• note to self, hide your p0rn.

• I don't know why anyone would have a collection of p*rn now-a-days with the Internet streaming new and different material regularly -just saying ;-P

• I agree with SteelyMcBeam about a hard copy of a p*rn collection although I personally appreciate a good p0rn collection. I don't understand why so many women are bothered by p0rn). Personally, as a rule of thumb, I don't mind seeing p0rn but keep your fetish stuff hidden until we're deeper into the relationship (feet, shemale, hardcore S&M, ect. that stuff needs to be talked about before I see your collection of it)