Guys, would you date an older woman?

I have a female friend who thinks guys aren't into dating older women. I told her that its almost like a fantasy for guys to date a woman who is older than they are. I'm not talking 50 years old mind you. But say, if you are 20, you would likely enjoy dating a girl who was 24 or 25. Am I wrong?

Also let me refine the question a bit. I just want to know if you would or would not date an older woman, and if possible state your reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be against it, I would. I have found myself attracted to girls who were 2 years older than me, even 4 years. IT makes no difference to me.

You're not wrong cause women do it ALL the time, actually that's their preference, for the most part. You find a girl, she's attractive, you like her personality, there is chemistry, It sounds like a great idea.

• I'm 21 , So I wouldn't mind if the girl was 22 to 26, I would date her regardless.

• yeah, that's what I was telling her! But she believes that guys aren't into older women at all. I always thought it was the opposite. Guys would absolutely love an older woman, I know I would. The idea of someone older liking you (who is probably more mature), is very enticing

• Exactly, Women can't hog up that feeling all for themselves!

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend has exclusively dated women who are 2-6 years older than he is. I don't really get it, but I know there are guys like this out there. I'm 3 years older than he is, by the way. I prefer to date guys who are within 5 years of my own age, but I don't care which direction. To me, since there isn't a generational difference, we're essentially the same age, though.

• See it may be a fantasy sure it could be that BUT what it ISN'T is something that is likely to turn into a real relationship.

This is gonna be a sex deal not a long term thing.

That is a good enough reason for me to not do it.

What Guys Said 10

• The current girl I like and I'm hang out with is two years older than me lol ^_^

I'm 20 years old by the way :P

• yes, yes I would. Older women are so much cuter

• I'd love to date an older woman.

But I'm thoroughly convinced that older women do not take younger men seriously.

• Bring on the 30-40 year olds B). I'd date them ina heart beat. Would never marry someone that much older though.

24... Ehh I'm 22 so that's nothin really.

• yeah, I'm 24 I'd probably date up to 34. I find older women completely sexy

• Just for the record though, I have been highly attracted to women in their 40's and 50s. There is one girl who is in her 40's and she looks more amazing than women in their 20's.

• oh ya? That's pretty neat

• Sure. I've done that several times. My first was an older woman. :-D She was amazing!

• its a fantasy for sure lol but not 24

someone around 28 and 38

i am 20 by the way :P

• haha. Let me ask you this. Is 24 not a fantasy because the age gap is no big deal to you? I just want to know if you would date a 24 year old

• i would and I almost dated a girl who was 24 but she was weird

• I'm 22 now. I can date girls up till 26, especially for the maturity they'll have over life.

• I prefer older women. anywhere from 18 to 30 is what I'll date right now. The problem is that I've never dated a girl older than me (but who actually wanted to be with me). It's a long story, don't ask

• I definitely would date an older woman. I prefer them to girls my own age.