How can I say I didn't mean it?

My best friends "Zander" and "Danny" were both texting me the other night, when Danny asked if I would go out with Zander if I had the chance. I responded with, "Hell yes". I meant it too... sorta. I would go out with Zander, he's the most amazing guy ever, but he doesn't see me that way. I blew it off, expecting Danny would just forget it, but now Zander is acting weird around me, and Danny is too. Danny told me Zander liked me, which I didn't believe, but then he deleted his text. What happened? Will it just blow over? Or do I have to do something to fix it?

Most Helpful Guy

• my advice as a guy.. just go for zander, if you like him that is. if he likes you he'll pick up on it. if not, then he just doesn't like you.. GUYS LIKE STRAIGHTFORWARD GIRLS!

What Guys Said 1

• Bethany, I don't know why you aren't adding my friend request.

What Girls Said 1

• ok the way you put it, Zander likes you and has told Danny but Danny likes you too and probably hasn't told Zander nor you yet, this might be what's creating the conflict. He might be acting weird cause you just told him you'd date his friend (I take it they're both friends or at least know each other). He might have told Zander you told him you like him, and maybe Zander does like you but not as much as Danny I suggest you to be careful in this situation, unless you want to lose your chance with Zander.