Why do some girls still dating guys with drug problems ?

I have a friend whom boyfriend smokes drugs.

She knows about his problem and deals with it like it's normal.

Lately I've been seen lots of girls in the same situation but I don't understand it.

Why she doesn't seem to care?

I don't mean to offend anybody.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she doesn't seem to care because it hasn't gotten very out of hand yet.

When his addiction gets way out of control,

-where he isn't able to function,

-he loses his job

-he's in and out of jail over it

-he won't go to school

-he'd rather lay around all day and get high

then I think it'd be a "problem" for her and in their relationship.

She has to feel 2nd to the drug for it to really affect her.

What Guys Said 5

• A lot of girls are attracted to fixer-upper men. They think that if they are maternal enough or give him enough sex or encouragement, he'll change. These types of men rarely do, so the joke is ultimately on the girl more often than not.

• If they have moey for drugs, they have money for the women. This is how heterosexual AIDS becomes a problem.

• What drug is he smoking? If it's weed, probably because she doesn't give a f***. Plenty of people live normal lives and smoke weed from time to time. If he's a crack addict or meth head then maybe she thinks she can change him? =S

• Bad juju. Substance abuse problems will kill a relationship dead.

• She has low self esteem and thinks she won't get anyone else probably.

What Girls Said 2

• What exactly are we talking about here, what type of drugs. If its weed then maybe she doesn't see it as a big deal. I know plenty of people who smoke weed/hash (myself included) who live very "normal/sucessful" lives. Very few people know I smoke, only one member of my family knows and absolutely no one I work with would even have a clue.

• It depends on how much of a "problem" it actually is and her opinion on recreational drugs.