Letting girls down easy.

Recently I have decided to be single for the next year. Mainly to focus on my job, and volunteering. As of recent, a lot of women have been coming forth, and initiating the want to either date, go on dates, or be intimate. All of those idea, but I've promised myself that I wouldn't do that for a one year period, and many women do not seem to understand.

I'm not one to lie to anyone about my intentions, and nor am I trying to play games.

What is the best way to turn down these women in a friendly manner, and therefore not cause issues? It seems that everyone of them is either trying harder, or hurt, because of my decision.

How can I just basically not be sucked into these idealistic situations of being hit on? I've tried not talking to women at bars, not being flirtatious, not being commandeering to the idea that I am interested, and I have resided from even social groups to try to avoid the women who are persistent .

Most Helpful Girl

• You tell them EXACTLY what you told us?

if not id say you secretly want the attention, though you really don't intend to get involved. or you really do want a relationship and don't want to follow your rules, but can't admit that,

truth is not confusing.

"a lot of women have been coming forth, and initiating the want to either date, go on dates, or be intimate. All of those idea, but I've promised myself that I wouldn't do that for a one year period, "

if you say EXACTLY that, I don't see why they wouldn't get it. and if they don't its not your problem. you were totally honest.

ive told guys I don't get into relationships. sometimes they don't believe me. but I dis tell them. so there's no reason for them to be confused. and that's that.

if you are honest there's no ay for them to not understand.

what happens when they 'dont understand'? you just keep living your life, following your obligations. sticking to your conviction. who cares if they pretend to not understand.

• I agree with this, and I am being true to my word towards the idea of working on myself. There are a few women who are just consistent in wanting more than just a friendship. This causes awkwardness in certain social groups, and then it doesn't tend to go over well. I will proceed to just be honest, and follow this path. People will just have to respect my decision :)

• Absolutely. if they are not respecting your honesty that's their problem, certainly not yours. its really inappropriate to persist after uve been told a definite no. very disrespectful. lol in some cases illegal. I think its under harrasment- depending on the severity. and yeah of course its awkward because they don't listen. not because you're wrong in telling them you're not interested.

good luck;-)

good luck;-)

What Girls Said 3

• Just be honest and if they can't handle it then that is their problem. Also, I think you are already saying it as nicely as it can be said.

• tell the truth

• talk

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell them you have a hurt heart right now and that while the girl may be amazing, right now it is time to focus on you, as you don't want to hurt anyone back. I've been there and done that myself. Sometimes a man needs to focus on himself and get his priorities straight in life. While women can be great at times, sometimes they get in the way as well. I applaud your self-awareness.

• That does sound like a more likely scenario to end in a more less dramatic filled result. I appreciate the idea, and will go forth with using it. It's funny how women can sense a man who is resisting women, and are what some call "Unavailable", Yet, they tend to go for them even more. Basically, want what you can't have syndrome.

• Women want the man who doesn't want them back, because most women assume men can't turn down any available female. It does drive a lot of them crazy. Being playfully aloof when you're ready to date will help you many times over instead of being needy.