Guy is totally interested in me but doesn't text me first?

So he's a little shy towards me but he talks to me a lot in person and we laugh and have a good time. We haven't hung out yet but he wants to on his next stretch of days off.

If I text him he'll text me back pretty quick! But he doesn't usually text me first. Any ideas? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a guy, we don't like texting. It's like asking why the guy you like hasn't offered to take you shoe shopping.

Most guys only text you because they feel obligated to, either because you like it, or because they know its an effective flirting technique.

Many of these types of guys find it really unnatural, unstimulating, and awkward. As a result, they're simply not good at it. Obviously humans try to avoid things they aren't good at or don't like.

These guys will respond and carry on a conversation if you are leading it, but they will rarely text you randomly throughout the day, unless its to ask you something practical, like out on a date.

What Guys Said 3

• He is shy,and he is interesting to you,so I guess he has talked about you with his friends, this type of guys do it usually ,beacause they want every thing go right,they don't want put their relationship in any dangerous that make everything get end, so maybe this is what they(his friends) said him to not text her first ,(there is thing that say,when you get interesting to girl try to not show it ,beacause when you don't care its make her to come more and more closer to you)

• I'm the one who texts first, and my friends usually do the same, so probably he's just very shy.

The big question is, are you interested in him? If so, text him first.

• Alot of guys including me don't like texting. I mean why even do it when you can call and actually get emotion and real time conversation while having more said in a few minutes than an hour texting. Ill avoid txting convorsations at all costs I only text to make plans and ill never text a girl to talk no matter how much I like her ill wait and talk to her in person or on the phone unless I'm just trying to make a quick plan or something...

What Girls Said 1

• wait for him to text you first