Should I date a guy that I'm not into at all just for the experience?

I'm 22, never been kissed, never really dated except for online dates and that didn't go to well.

Should I pursue this thing with a guy I met online from pof and I'm not into at all. All I've seen is one pic and he's from my ethnic background and he looks attractive. However, I've spoken to him on the phone he has an accent and I don't like his personality at this point, he talks in my language randomly. I'm born and raised in Toronto and I want a Canadian boy (someone from here regardless of ethnicity). Should I go on this date and try it out b.c. my other pof experiences have been so crappy. I never get approached tho:(

Most Helpful Guy

• You could, but if he asks, or if it becomes too serious, you need to be honest about how you feel.

The first girl I dated, we went out; I didn't even think of it as a date; a month later, a mutual friend was telling me how she was interested. So I kept the idea open, she seemed OK. I was open to going out with her, but she wasn't someone I knew enough at the time to be interested in (or not interested in). I gave it a try - first date, we argued (though I was respectful); turned out I was correct, but didn't rub it in. The mutual friend was telling me what a great time she had (uh, ok); so we decided on a second date, then a third... and I was starting to be interested in her (ok, interested in who she was pretending to be). So the interest developed, and I became really interested in her, though not overly interested; no love sonnets or undying love comments or anything; so considering where it was in the relationship, it was nice.

Some might say that it's a huge mistake to do that; and maybe I'm going about it in the wrong way, or maybe I think differently from most people. But I was open to it, and I kinda fell for her; she wasn't what I would have gone for; wasn't my ideal type in the looks department; but because I kept a somewhat open mindset, it was a good experience (outside of her lying and cheating), and I learned some things about myself that I probably would not have learned otherwise.

So, as long as you're smart, and cautious, and you're honest with him and yourself, go for it.

What Guys Said 6

• Dating 'just for the experience' is deceitful toward the guy, and the 'experience' isn't going to be very positive in all likelihood.

Every date if 'for the experience; But it's not deceitful if you don't have all these negative feelings about him to start with!

Try going out with some nice guy, even if you aren't so interested in him. At least that would be a GOOD experience.

• No, not at all. I've had girls hurt me that way. That's not fair and you would just be leading him on. If your not into him, then your not gonna get the experience because nothing is going to be passionate like its supposed to be. Just be friends with him, and date only people your into.

• It's probably the worst reason why to date someone.

Lemme put this straight - "experience" is how sluts try to sugarcoat the fact that they are sluts - you don't HAVE to have done something 'for the sake of it' - that won't help for your real, genuine relationships which you'll want to have - in fact, it's gonna damage them instead.

• Noooooooo! Wait For Mr Right.. He is out there, right now, waiting for you.

DO NOT, give up.

• I wouldn't cause what if the guy is actually interested and then after 5 dates you've decided, OK I've had enough experience and now you don't want to date him anymore. So the guy takes you out for 5 dates which at that point if a guy takes you out on 5 dates and you're still with him he's going to know you're interested and then only to find out you've strung him along just for the hell of it. So don't do it! Guys spend a lot of time thinking about where should I take her next, not to mention the money we spend.

• i'm a guy and I'm also inexexperienced, have thought about this too

What Girls Said 7

• Kinda wrong. But I'm gonna tell you a little story. Back when I was a sophomore in high school there was a guy the pursued me relentlessly since seventh grade. Finally I decided all my other friends were dating so I decided to give him a shot. Best two weeks of my life. He held the door open, carried my books between classes, saved a seat for his girlfriend at lunch. I fell really hard. And then as boys will be boys broke up with me two days before my birthday so he didn't have to buy me a present. It sucked, my heart was broken shattered in fact. Turns out he kinda liked me, but never thought I would say yes so it was more of a joke to him for the most part. Anyway I deserved it since I was doing it just to have a boyfriend at first.

• If you've met him online, there is no harm in meeting up with him once, to see. People are different face to face than via phone/text. But, if you aren't into his personality, there's a high chance it isn't right between you two.

If you are considering dating him purely for the 'experience', you will be missing out. If you aren't actually attracted to him properly, you won't get the real experience of dating (not to mention any upset you could cause him) If you don't have feelings for him, you won't actually get any experience of dating, just of having someone interested in you. If you feel there could be something, meet up with him and see, but don't date him for the sake of it. It wouldn't be fair on either of you, and it could stop you from being in a relationship you actually want if it came about. Good luck with it all.

• I've considered this too (I'm also inexperienced) but I always ask myself this simple question. Will future me be proud my first kiss was with someone I did not like at all?

Turns out the answer is mostly no, because I don't want to just get over with it and have the experience just because I think I might be behind. I want to have the good experience, the one I can remember with a smile and say yeah, It was pretty magical. :)

• No, if you're not interested in the slightest, don't. Try other online dating sites, my mum and step-dad found each other on one of those sites. Chances are you will eventually find someone you have chemistry with.

• NO

• No that's not fair to him. He may turn out to really like you and you're just using him for an experience like everyone else is basically saying, that's the worst reason to date some one.

• Thats how sluts are born... have some self respect girl...