Would this be considered a date?

Okay so this weekend I'm going to be hanging out with my guy friend that I kind of like. It's one on one and he's the one that asked me when we're hanging out. And when I asked him what he wanted to do, he texted back saying, "What do YOU want to do? :)"

I have no idea what we could do but he told me it doesn't matter and he's down for anything.

Is this a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, a 'date' has a ritual quality to it..the guy has to plan everytig, it's pretty formal, and not spontaneous at all. He wants you to be an equal partner here, instead.

He wants to get to know you in a more organic, natural way, outside of the 'scene.'

I say GOOD for him!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes BUT neither of you should call it that, any more than wading in a stream is swimming.

He's testing the waters so it's OK to choose something you'd love to do with a guy, so long as during it you can pull out of him something else he'd like to do afterward ... so you can test the waters as well.

• Yeah but it sounds like he's being a wuss. If you say anything he will act like hey just friends hanging chill. Its a date but the dude has no class or is shy.

• It is not really a date it is a wide open suggestion to do something together. He is unable to come up with the idea so if you want to suggest sailing or flying or riding the steam train then that's something the two of you can do -- or go to a movie and dinner like most people do. You have to arrange the times, then it is a date.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't consider it a date really. It seems casual right now but it has the potential to turn into one though!

• No , I wouldn't count this as a date. It seems too casual to be considered a date. It just sounds like to me that he wants to hang out as friends. He definitely may think of you as more but I wouldn't assume anything.