Having a hard time dealing with Christmas break because I don't see my girlfriend as much. Feels different :(

We've been dating for almost 4 months.

For some reason, (maybe because it's Christmas break and I don't get to see her that often), it seems like I've lost some of my confidence, became a little insecure, etc.

I get all worked up when texting conversations don't go the way they usually do.

I've told her I will miss her. And sometimes I jokingly look sad because I admit I miss her.

If I compliment her I get a little upset inside because she doesn't respond the way I expected (very excited or something).

I've been in a bad mood because she'll text to initiate a conversation, but not always will be energetic in the texts, and text one word answers. It just bothers me and makes me feel unwanted.

I get kind of annoyed when she talks about guy friends (I don't do anything about it).

So I'm afraid to text her a lot or share my feelings. My first reaction is to protect myself and pull back. Even though she's said multiple times how glad she is that she met me.

Has anyone ever felt like this? How did you deal with it? I need help :(

What Girls Said 2

• That's actually pretty common. You don't have the constant reaffirmation that she is totally in to you. Christmas break will be over soon enough, so you won't have to deal with it for too long. Try calling her, you can get a better read on her through her voice. She isn't going to lose interest just because you don't see her as much for a few weeks. What you need to do is figure out why you are insecure in the first place, then work on that within yourself.

• It is a fairly fresh relationship, this is normal to have intense feelings like this... just try to enjoy the break and make plans for what you'll do when you see her again, time apart is good for relationships, it makes things more intense,

What Guys Said 0