Would you date/be comfortable with a person who's career is acting if they were required to kiss on stage?

I personally could never date a woman who was an actor... I know people think of it as different because it is a "job".

So is being a stripper (who isn't required to have sex with customers) and hooker... granted they are not the same type of career but I would not feel comfortable with my woman kissing and doing sex scenes with men even if its in acting. I just personally couldn't date her while I only kiss and have sex with her.

Could you date an actor? Why or why not

• Yes, I wouldn't have a problem with it
  • No, I couldn't do it

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in musical theater since I was a little kid. I'm so used to it that when I have dated actors, kissing on stage has been no big deal for either one of us. Besides, stage kissing is made to look good, not feel good. It doesn't register as the same thing in my or any other actor's mind because it's purely aesthetic and usually isn't as intense as a real kiss.

The hard part is dating someone who does not do theater. I had a kiss in a play once when I was dating a non-theater guy and he didn't take it well. He wanted me to do one of those fake kisses when you don't really kiss at all. The one where you basically get really close but you put your back thumb over their mouth and turn a little away from the audience so nobody can tell. I ran it by my director and he got pissed. Then every day before rehearsal my stupid then-boyfriend would say, "I bet you're going to kiss Brandon again, aren't you?" And I would say yes, because it's what I'm supposed to do. Then he would get angry at me and he decided not to go to the show at all.

So basically, just be understanding. Don't get angry when they have to kiss on stage. It doesn't mean a damn thing and it's rude to be so distrusting.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't have a problem dating an actor or a stripper. I'd actually be more comfortable with a stripper! They don't actually have to touch their clients. Dating an escort would be out of question and if I found out that someone was a hooker that would be a deal breaker for me!

• I am not sure , I guess it would depend on how much trust was build and security.

• No, I wouldnt.

• i don't think I would...i'd date him,but only if he denies to do the kissing scenes

• definitely not date them

• Well I've had to kiss someone on stage before so I know what its like. I probably wouldn't mind unless he actually enjoyed it.

As for dating an actor in general, I've heard they can be a bit overdramatic when it comes to relationships so I don't think I would purposefully search one out for relationships. I just don't like dramatic people and its the nature of their job to be rather dramatic. That is much more problematic than watching them kiss or fake sex for a role to me.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not interested in that.