Is it bad if I want to hear from my boyfriend every few hours or so?

like I'm not expecting to be talking to him 24/7 around the clock but it would be nice to get at least like one text every 3-4 hours just letting me know he loves me or misses me or that he was thinking about me...is this being too clingy or something? I text him throughout the day and he doesn't always return my texts and sometimes he's really hard to get a hold of but it just seems lately if I don't text him or call him then he doesn't talk to me I don't get why either

Most Helpful Guy

• That's far more than most men would be willing to do, unless you have a guy that doesn't work much or go to school that often. That qualifies as needy in my book. I'd say about once or twice a day would be more like it. Every three hours gets to be exhausting. Most guys don't feel the need to communicate that much, as when most men talk, we tend to have an objective, not just to chit chat. I suggest you don't spam him too much and see if he responds in kind after you've given him a breather.

• yeah I guess because our relationship is fairly new still and we were talking a lot more previously or I was hearing from him a lot more and now its getting less so yeah

• Yeah, this is my first true relationship so I still have stuff to learn and I've been trying not to message him as much but sometimes its just difficult for me lol he's the first man I've ever loved or had such strong feelings for so I'm trying my hardest to not screw it up!

• Simple solution: Don't screw it up.

Seriously, one to two texts a day should do. Men have other things to do with our time besides our girlfriends. Generally speaking, if you have to ask a question like this, you're acting a bit clingy.

Your plan should be to spend more time with family and friends to avoid making your man your sole emotional outlet. Balanced people make the best partners.

What Guys Said 4

• thats intense...

• yes, it is being too clingy and annoying

• Bitch, you crayzy

• I'd take out a restraining order.

What Girls Said 4

• Definitely, that's way too suffocating, you need to maintain a life away from your boyfriend, that way when you actually meet up in person you'll have more to talk about. I've been in relationship where the guy has acted how you are and it just feels very horrible suffocating.

• You knoe what? that's normal I don't care who dissagres.. my boyfriend said 'im scared when I don't talk to you because it feels like you'll leave me for someone else' I think if you really love someone you';; want to be with them every second because they make you feel so good <3

• dang that's so annoying

• Honestly yeah. you need to get a life. you probably come off really annoying and clingy.