What are some gold excuses that you get/ you use to blow off people/ date?

I just can't contain myself over this one. way too hilarious!

This guy and I went out for a coffee date a month ago, then we texted each other for a month. He kept on saying how much he likes me (yea, questionable, since we've only officially hung out for a couple of hours in person). Then for like a week, he kept on saying how much he wants to see me, and then subsequently proceeded to make tentative plan to drive down to see me (2 hours drive for him). we've got everything figured out, place and time etc.

then the day of, I texted to confirm, all I get is no answer and no show. the next day, he texted me with "sorry I wasn't around. my grandma died and she was super sick"

the thing is, we were texting the night before this, and both of us were hammered. honestly, if he didn't wanna hang out, should just stick with never-texting-the-girl again. Because this excuse is hilarious!

anyway, what are some lame ass excuses you got/ you sent to people?

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to use my job as an excuse. I don't tell a guy exactly what my hours are so I can always use "I'm working" as an excuse if I don't want to see him.

• Why not be straightforward and tell him you're no longer interested? If your job is used as an excuse, he might just try to reschedule. Do you have a hard time rejecting someone you were once interested in?

• BTW what does it mean, when my grandma-died guy texted me to apologize and communicate with me after all that? he said it was true... and I felt like a bitch and offered my condolences. but he never asked to reschedule? Am I getting played?

• a girl kind a has been saying working/ can't hang out to me a lot but what I don't understand when I confront her why does she say she likes me and yes to anthor date... to blow me off again

What Guys Said 4

• I don't make excuses like that if I want to blow someone off ill just be honest.

• A girl told me that, "Her favorite fashion shap had a 50% sale and she could not pass up the opportunity" ...

• man, ya gotta find better girls. it'sokay though, because apparently I date the sh*ttiest guys

• Yeah, well getting flaked on sucks ass...

• I just tell them I have other things to do or I don't want to hang out.

• One time a girl told me her friend did not allow her.

That was the weirdest one to this date.

What Girls Said 4

• ahahaha omg funny story - I've never used this one but I thought it was funny

- sorry I can't today.. my sister's friend's mother's grandpa's brother's grandson's uncle's fish drowned -it was tragic :(

• Not necessarily funny,but he said how he had to clean his flat.

• got too drunk and couldn't text, is what I've been using lately

• My cat's sick/died. It was true, but still potentially hilarious to the other party I realize.