Where did you decide to spend Xmas, your house or your S/O?

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 4-5 months and I've met some of his family already but he has asked me to spend Xmas eve and morning with him and idk. It feels kinda soon. I'm not really that big into 'family' (he knows this) and he comes from a big southern one so were basically opposites. I thought it was sweet for him to invite me but is it customary after dating for this short of a time to spend Xmas together? I mean my family doesn't really do much on Xmas (were just not that type of group) so the idea of a big ordeal with his family is overwhelming me a bit. When did you'll start sharing holidays and how long were you dating for?

That wasn't as awful/terrifying as I thought it would be. Thanks for telling me to go! (:

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd go for it,it could be such a good time and to be fair it shows he is serious about you and comfortable for you to be around his family. If you don't like it then at least you tried for him and then you know that it's something you won't be wanting to do again in the mean time.

What Guys Said 3

• I'll be going to my sister's on Christmas Day, and then heading to another state to my brother's later this week. My girlfriend is going to her parents' for Christmas. She invited me to her parents', but their place will be full, and I don't get to see my family as often as she sees hers (or I see hers for that matter).

I've known her for a little more than a year, but we've only been an actual couple since October. It is very customary for a southern person to invite their significant other to their family's for the holidays. My girlfriend came with me to my family's for Thanksgiving.

• That is why relationships are the intermingling of all differences.

Yes, it is also overwhelming experience for me, but why not go for it?

It would be a fresh experience, and you may never know, things will go just right, and at the end of the day, you'll be glad that you have responded positively at this invitation.

This may also create familiarity between the two of you, and your bond will grow stronger. = )

• By myself locked up in my room with beer and videogames.

What Girls Said 1

• Both. Our families are courteous and understand we have multiple Christmases.

Tonight we're going to his Grandpa's on his dad's side, Christmas morning at my own home, 2 PM at his mom's, 7 with mine. And my dad, because there's a lot of family with schedule conflicts, this Saturday (the 29th). We've been together for 3 months but it was a solid start and already fairly serious for the amount of time we've dated. I've met his whole family and he's met mine. We had Thanksgiving at my dad's the day after, and with his family the day of.

Being a young relationship doesn't mean it's not a serious one that we wouldn't treat as one worthy of a future and making each other part of our daily lives.