Can a girl not be interested in dating or relationships?

Can some girls not be interested in dating or relationships? This girl is 20 years old and she's a hardcore studying nerd.

Is it possible?

If you're one these girls, how would you react if some guy kept asking you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a sex drive, I am not asexual, I am busy but for the right guy I'd make time, I have just become picky and I don't waste my time with most guys anymore, I fell in love once and I am extremely weary about who I open myself up to. The right guy will come o=along, I am just not stressing too much to find him... I am 20 now I see myself settling down 5+ years from now, could be sooner, but in that time I'm just going to take it easy... actually at this time in my life I think a relationship would tie me down... everyone says this... but I am still trying to find myself, I do understand it's nice to grow with someone... ha ha idk, I like to be open... but history shows I am kind of closed off from relationships at least for now... ever since my heart was broken... I'm not sad about it anymore, its made me want to improve myself, and be less selfish and more loving... which is hard to do when your life isn't quite stable (no career, not finished with college, lots of stress, needing to figure out where to live) oh well I will stop ranting!

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, that's possible. Some girls know/think/believe/... that there's a lot more in life than having a boyfriend and dating. She puts her career/school first.

• She rejected me telling me that she's not into dating.

What should I do on her birthday coming up?

Call her or text her?

• Do what you want to do, don't over think things, you'll create problems that aren't even there in the first place. Just send her a text with something like: Happy birthday, hope you enjoy your day! xx

something like that.

• Yeah. I for one don't plan on being in a relationship for a while. I want to figure out how to balance work and school before I throw a guy into the mix. Also, lately I find myself thinking that people in relationships are pretty obnoxious. I've never been into that mushy gooey crap and most guys my age either are really into it or they are just out to bang as many girls as they can get their hands on. So I'm choosing to wait until I get old enough for guys that are more mature.

When guys flirt with me nonstop, I just ignore it and I never compliment them back and hope they get the idea. I don't reject them outright unless they ask me outright. If they do, I just say no, and that I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Then they usually ask why and I explain that I'm just not the relationship type and I'm waiting for a few years until I'm older. When they hear the "few years" thing, they give up.

• You don't mention anything about yourself. Maybe she's heard your reputation, ha ha! Calling her a nerd isn't going to get you far, though.

The studying could be an excuse! Maybe she's extremely self conscious and wants something to hide behind. On the other hand, she could be extremely confident and self assured and have such a full and content life that she doesn't need a date or relationship. Some girls may feel that the type of guy they eventually want to end up with is one who appreciates that she hasn't been round the block a few times, so they save themselves for him. I assume that she keeps saying no to you. Try to assess her reactions when she says no and match her reaction with one of the three possibilities above. If it's number three, then you're not the man she's looking for anyway. If it's number one, boost her confidence by being constant and caring. If it's number two, throw yourself into something she can admire in you ie maybe she's sporty and she will be impressed if you are in the college basketball team, or that you work out. I knew a girl who, at 18, was bi-lingual, a county swimmer, horserider and black belt in Taekwon-Do. She said to me, ' what type of guy will ever suit me?' I replied, 'one who is equally busy and successful as you'.

In answer to your last question, depends 1.flattered 2.mildly irritating but bemused 3.she may feel bad about it, so best not to anymore.

• some people are just too busy, some people have low to no sex drive, and others are completely asexual. but yes it is entirely possible.

• There is so much more to life than dating and guys. Education should be first and that doesn't make her a nerd, it makes her driven to succeed.

What Guys Said 1

• ask her out for a study session, tell her you want to study with her, tell her that her determination in the academic world might rub off on you and that she is inspirational to you and hence you want to study with her and won't disturb her while she studies, then studying, just make eye contact and smile and offer to buy her a snack after studying is over, this casually CONVERTS into a date in a subtle way if you think about it.