Annoyed by girlfriend's texting, or lack thereof. Advice guys?

Sometimes the texting just gets annoying. Normally she texts me first everyday. But if I don't text her for a while she'll say "hey babe!". But eventually if I show that same emotion back it's not as favorable to me.

This may sound kind of needy, but I texted her "merry Christmas baby girl! Can't wait to see you in a few days!" With a heart emoticon. She's probably doing family stuff, but it took her an hour and a half to text back "merry Christmas!"

Just stuff like that makes me want to shut down that kind of texting. Stop saying I can't wait to see her. Stop using emoticons. I feel worse when I text and I don't hear back the type of texts I expect.

We've been dating for almost 4 months

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you guys doctor or are you just dating? She doesn't own you anything. I would love to be on your side and blame her, but the problem is that it's a lack of communication between you guys. I am sure she doesn't know where you guys are heading. That is why she is a bit "I don't care" mood. Because she is pretty much single (if you guys are only dating). I think you guys should sit down and decays this, and show her that you are in it to win it and that you really want to do this. After some serious talk she will take you more seriously and stop with those short messages.

I hope you guys will be OK and that you get your way :)

• are you guys... Togheter*

• Relationship for that long

What Girls Said 3

• Just sit down and talk to her about it, if it's annoying you then do something!

The lack of communication in your relationship will kill it.. Trust me. I've witnessed it first hand in my parents.

hope it helped :)x

• Point it out to her! Tell hey it bugs you. Simple as that =) relationships equal communication. Sure it may be hard for you. But make it a norm.. Tel her what bugs you. Great way to make sure a relationship lasts =)

• texting... everyday ? that's too much. lol

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that's annoying. Wish I could give you some kind of advice here, but frankly, this is how texting is. I'd say call her better.

• Well don't worry too much about it. Texting is one of the worst ways to communicate in my opinion. The best way to talk to someone is to actually call them. Don't put too much stock in text replies, or you'll just drive yourself nuts.

• Sure it's annoying. Just walk away. He'll get the message. Let the battery run out on the toy for a while. Only turn it on when you want to call someone.

Thats not dating.

Thats texting.

Its no way to live.

• You read the text with the emotion you want to see it in. Not how the person who wrote it wants it to be read.

• So she may have texted that and thought she was showing excitement too? I read it as her just responding to respond