What is the best way to invite the guy I'm interested in for a date?

Guys, I'm planning to ask my crush if he would like to go out on a date with me. These are what I'm planning to say:

"If you are available, and if you are interested, I would like to get to know you more. So if you could find it in your heart to give me a chance to get to know you closer I would like to invite you out for a date. We can go for a dinner, movie, walk by the beach, dealer's choice." So what do you think? Or is there any other better way to impress him and at least makes him feel like he should give it a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• It should be much simpler and easy going. "hey, want to hang out, go do something fun,?" or something along those lines. Then if I'm down for it, we can work out the specifics.

I should note that your choice of words make it seem a tad desperate, but more significantly it seems as if you're lowering your value as a person. It might just be really wanting to be with him that makes you want to try this way, but you should realize that it's not really necessary. You're a great person, simply ask and receive your response.

What Guys Said 5

• I find that very sweet and would love to hear something like that. But I don't think it would exactly change how I feel about the girl, if I like her I like her, if I don't... then it's too bad.

• OMFG I WOULD WUV THAT SO MRUCH!

• what the hell kind of way of asking a guy out is that? you should just be like "hey lets hang out some time this week, what are some cool places you can take me?" viola, done deal

• do you need to be mean?

• well I don't know how to put this, but I do think like a man sometimes, I can't help it. And not to say that I feel like a man, having to approach him, maybe that's why my words are like that lol. I can't go twirling my hair and pretending cute and ask him out? He will know for sure I'm faking it.

• I think I answered your question and you need to stick to my plan of action and then report back to me

• Just ask him! Guys love it when girls do!

Say something like- I wondered if you sates to do X?

• I wish he was me!

What Girls Said 2

• I was just thinking of: fancy of going to a movie with me?

I think the "find it in your heart to give me a chance" a bit too much and serious for a first date. Maybe something like: hey, I'd fancy getting to know you a bit better, want to go out sometime?

• well I'm not sure he would prefer that instead because he's 34 with a career, and your suggestion is great, but to me it sounds more like a high school style. But really, I don't know which is better for a guy, he's the serious type of guy with leader personality, and yes I want him to know that I'm serious. Maybe it will be good if a guy can clarify which way is better :(... I'm nervous as hell right now!

• Hm, yeah, I don't ask guys out that much, and usually they're mentally quite young :') hence me not asking them out, haha. Whatever you decide, good luck!

• I would say something like "(his name), I have liked getting to know you thus far, and would like to get to know you further. If you have some free time this week, would you like to have dinner with me?". He'll really like that you had the courage to ask him! The find it in your heart bit sounds a little bit like you assume he wouldn't like you, though I don't think you meant it that way. Best of luck!

• I do meant it that way lol! I mean, I'm getting this 'I'm interested in you' signs from him, but he's not making any move, so sometimes I can't help but feeling he's not that into me enough that's why he's not asking me out. Well, it could just be me and my pessimistic thinking.

• I know sometimes its hard and you can't tell if the guy is definitely interested. This is the best way to find out though!