Is it unattractive for a guy to cry?

I cry whenever I have a really bad fight with the girls I'm dating and they start getting very unhappy. It always reminds me of when my parents died when something had happened when I was young. So with the girls I date, I always try to avoid angry situations or yelling.

My female friend says I'm a little b***tch and need to man up haha

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if "unattractive" is the best word to use here. Because I don't think so.

But it seems you went through a sad past and it is still affecting you,

and you haven't gone over it.

I don't blame you, they are your parents after all.

You have the right to cry, you're a human-being.

Just don't over do it. And always remember the past is a past.

We look back at it to learn not to make it stop us. ^-^

Although I'm a girl, sometimes I just don't like to show people the tears.

In the past I used to be so sensitive because of some circumstances I went through.

I used to cry even in public lol.

But now I just hate being like that, and I succeed to change it.

It's like I decided to challenge everything happens. :)

Be tough, man. You still have a long way to go. ^-^

What Girls Said 16

• No it's not. I love a guy who isn't afraid to show his true emotions. The whole front some guys put up sometimes is frustrating cause you want to be able to reach out and help them but then they close you off. It makes the other partner feel really disconnected and helpless. If on the other hand you cry or show you're upset it makes it easier on us to understand what you're feeling. I'd pick a guy that cries any day over a guy who leaves me in the dark and appears to be heartless or cold.

• Obviously opinions of this vary, but here's mine.

Not at all.

Being the type of person who cries easily when upset > being the person with a scary short temper when upset

I mean, people don't just LOVE watching someone they care about cry, but being like, "ew what a wuss" makes no sense to me, especially if the person calling you that also cries when they're upset, haha. Whatever. Find a partner, not someone who cares more about gender roles than your feelings.

• Nope it's not unattractive... the only time it is is if he cried for everything or at movies you don't even cry for ...or if he is too sensitive to things.

But I want a guy who can come to me and cry when he needs that shoulder to cry on

or if he's going through something bad etc

• Unattractive is definitely the wrong word, it depends a lot on the context.

If it's become someone important passed away, I'd find it abnormal if he wouldn't cry. Same with like a pet you've had for a long time. A sad movie? It's not that big a deal, but probably pretty unexpected. An argument? I'd probably find that a little weird, especially at first and I'm pretty used to that since both my sister and my mother cry when we have big arguments.

• It's really touching when a guy cries. Because there's such a social taboo against it, so many guys try to hold it in, so when a guy lets you seem him cry, it means he really trusts you which is sweet. Or it means that he doesn't give a f*** about social taboos, which is also hot :P

let it alllll out

• only in extreme situations is it attractive. like you can just tell and its really touching. but if its for something silly or not big of a deal, then yes.

• I rather a guy with emotion, than the tough guy

• No. Personally I think it is very meaningful for a guy to cry. It shows that they are really vulnerable and that they trust showing that emotion. If somebody gets mad at you for showing that emotion then they aren't worth it at all, they should be honored that you felt comfortable enough to show them to you.

• If you genuinely want to cry, then you cry.

It takes a man to admit their feelings.

Of course, like anybody else, man or woman, it's annoying when people overdo it or cry too frequently.

• Kinda. I've only seen my guy cry when his cat died. But that's except able because it's something that you've loved and had that passed. He and I don't cry when we get into fights. He and I just get really angry.

If we were to watch a sad movie and he cried, that would be weird. Then again, I don't like sad or romantic movies.

• Yes, extremely.

• wow kinda rude? And yeah like that one guy said, What if it was over death? To criticize a guy for crying over something like that is just too rude. Not all guys are made of stone. And why is dropping your panties so important? Is that all you think about?

• You don't even understand what I am implying so don't assume. IT IS NOT "ATTRACTIVE". I don't think crying makes a guy look hot. I feel sorrow not attractiomn towards a man crying.

• it's not unattractive when it's genuine . .

I find it truthful when a man needs to express his feelings . .

but he must not do it all the time and in every occasion . .

• Manliest guy I knew died crying. Worked out everyday and helped everyone around him without question. Fought in a war he didn't even believe in just to send his kid sister to college. He hated war with every fiber of his being, was far too smart to be in infantry. Drove a tank into a bomb and the last thing over the radio was "I love you, guys, be careful on this road"

I have no hope for this country. America, everything about it. This country is disgusting.

• And to be clear, that ain't a death threat, just saying I'd do that in a theoretical world. I'd never hurt anybody.

• I understand you, all goverments are like that . . ruining people's lives, don't let us go on . .

I wish they could just disappear . . .

• Not unattractive to me. If I see a guy cry I get sad too lol because I feel bad for him :( I Never judge anyone by what they do.

• Yeah it is

• It is when you cry about really little things, but big things are OK. NO vagina doesn't mean no feelings.

• i don't think crying makes a boy unattractive...it'll make him look cute :)

What Guys Said 13

• if I was you I would try not to cry because deep down the girl sees you are emotionally week and then they use it against you because then they no how they can hurt you if you no what I mean...

a girl may say she wants a real man who shows his real emotions .

but girls look to a man to take care of them and if your crying every time you have an argument then they will think he can't take care of himself let alone me ...

so personally I would man up like your friends say ...

but don't forget you only cry because your thoughts are thinking sad things try and think happy things like if we brake up I don't care because she will come crawling back and even if she don't ill get a new girl anyway

i hope you know wot I mean!

• I understand the crying part when you think about your parents passing, but I don't see the connection of them when you argue with your girlfriends. If you cry when you argue with them, then yes that is being a little bitch... Sorry, but that's just what I feel. I've shed a tear or two for a few reasons myself, once when I saw my brother in arms get killed beside me in Kuwait when I served with Fox Company 2nd Battalion 11th Marines - 1st Division. And a second time when my grandmother died. When I was little kid, around 1st grade and up to 4th grade I remember being a little f***ing brat and crying for stupid sh*t... but after that, maybe tearing up in anger when I got into fist fights in school or something... You need to cut that sh*t out. MAN THE F*** UP!

• If it's an extreme circumstance (death of someone you know, EXTREME frustration), then most girls will understand.

In your case, that emotional trauma is definitely devastating and affects you in ways they cannot understand.

Frankly, your friend is being insensitive.

• My female friend says I'm a little b***tch and need to man up ha ha --WHY WOULD YOU SAY HAHA?

I cry whenever I have a really bad fight with the girls I'm dating -- NOT ATTRACTIVE

• Crying during an argument is a sure way to get a woman to hate you. Tears are a woman's weapon and they don't like it being used against them.

• Showing emotions in front of a girl gets you friend zoned.

• I think (and hope!) no

:)

• Women hate men that show any weakness, from what I've seen at least.

• On sites like this it's cute to cry over everything but in the real world you're a wimp if you cry over every little thing short of death in the family.

• The politically correct answer, which is what you'll get from most people, especially girls, is that it is natural and not unattractive. But the truth is that openly crying is perceived by all humans as a female behavior. It just is, and no amount of political correctness will ever change that.

It's not a matter of attitudes. It is innate. Men and women are different and always will be.

• If you are thinned skinned or dramatic then it is a turn off to women, but having sincere normal emotions are normal.

• I think it kind of depends how often a guy cries.

If it's like once every now and then, I think it will be considered endearing.

If it happens pretty often than - most likely yes.

• Tell her emotions are what they are. Just cry on your own time alone.