When dating people? (someone like you)

Ok so I just started talking to this girl (about a week) and we agree on most things and what not. It would seem that she is a lot like me in almost every way now I have no worries because some of my best friends are just like me and we have a great time when we hang out. But I am wondering is dating someone who is just like you a good idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• i know what you mean, I always wonder is it better to date someone who is more different or more similar to you...

in the end I think either way can work

it's nice to be with someone you share things in common with, ...it's only bad if things you share are really negative like, alcoholism or the fact you're both narrow minded bigots ...so you just encourage each other to be worse, but I'm guessing that's not a prob here.

What Girls Said 5

• It's only been a week. I'm sure you will get to know her and find the differences between you too. I prefer someone who is nothing like me. It makes the sharing so much more fun. But he has to have the same over values.

• Having some similarities is great because you have lots of common ground to agree on :) But differences add spice and life and allows for you to learn new stuff!

• My boyfriend is nothing like me and a month in he is now starting to annoy me

• I think it's good to have a mix of common interests and differences also. I think it depends upon the person and what they're looking for in a person.

• Dating someone that has common interests is a very good thing. Most people look for common interests when they are making friendships and a strong friendship is very important when taking the next step to date.

What Guys Said 2

• Trust me, just because you both match each other on paper doesn't mean it's a good idea. Date her a little more, and I'm sure you'll find your answer. On the plus side though, having a few thing in common is awesome.

• I believe its a good thing