How long do you wait before you decide someone is not interested?

For those who have dated online, how long do you wait for someone to respond to your message before you deem them as not interested? For example, I sent this guy a message almost 10 days ago and he is just now responding. But I received notification that my message was read the day I sent it. My friend said I should respond since if he wasn't interested he wouldn't have responded at all. But I think if he really was he would have responded sooner.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can usually tell early on.

• No I mean when you send a message.

• Oh OK. I don't date online, but with messages, 2 days would be my answer.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like he was trying to decide if he was interested. We don't all make the decision right away. Some folks grow in you. He also could have been busy.

• For me it doesn't take long...it takes me about a week or two... there is a lot of girls so that girl doesn't really matter because I might fall for someone else

• Are you looking for a serious relationship? or just a night of action

• Obviously a relationship

• Well.. is true what your friend said, if he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have responded.. it's just that he may have a couple of messages he was attending to before yours..

Keep it mind that most guys in dating sites, are just looking for sex... good luck finding a relationship.. happy holidays!

• Thanks for the advice but most of them are looking for it in person too...

What Girls Said 2

• If a guy is online on any social networking site and I send him a message, and minutes later he signs off, I'll start to get a hint that maybe he read it, he just doesn't want to reply. But if he logs on again and he still hasn't responded I'll take that as a "I'm not interested" sign. 10 days he waited? I think if a guy was interested he would have responded a lot sooner. If he was online between any of those 10 days and still didn't respond, I wouldn't take that as a good thing.

• I wait about 3 days. I'm not very patient.