Is believing in traditional dates weird?

I'm 16 and really like this girl. I want to take her to a movie sometime and maybe dinner another day (all paid by me of coarse) just to get to know her.. All my friends think I'm an idiot and wasting money and think I should just hang with her a bunch. I don't really care what they think but I want to know if other people think that going to all that trouble is worth it at my age.

If you knew her you'd definitely agree with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is certainly something that would be worth your time and money! There's a reason why people turn to these types of dates, and its because they work :) (for most people atleast) Girls especially like to know that you're willing to spend money on them (even if they don't want you to pay, we still appreciate the gesture) Also, when your just "hanging out" mixed signals get sent. I can remember being asked by a guy I knew from school if I wanted to hang out, and so we did a couple of times and I assumed we were just friends as I have many guy friends who I'll hang out with, I honestly never realized he saw them as dates until he tried to kiss me! But long story short, if you think she'll like it, go for, because she most likely will be flattered.

What Girls Said 4

• I guarantee she'll appreciate it. My boyfriend and I are both sixteen, and I love it when he takes me out to the movies. Sometimes we get weird when you spend too much money on us, but a movie and dinner someplace casual shouldn't bother her. And as for your friends, do they get many girls? Think about the types of relationships they form by thinking that spending money on a girl is a waste. I personally don't want my boyfriend to spend money on me all the time, and most of the time I prefer chilling at either of our houses, doing something free, but every once in a while it's nice to be taken somewhere. It makes us feel special. ;]

• I really think any girl likes it when a guy takes her to a movie or dinner. And also I agree with "anonymous user" because guys at your age are rarely romantic; so she will most definitely appreciate the fact that you take the time to take her out on real dates.

• I believe that traditonal dating is the best way to go! Who cares what other people think about your dating styles, be you! Do what you think is right and make you and her happy!

• Awww, she'll love it for sure! Guys at your age are rarely romantic, and when one makes an effort, we notice and we feel all fuzzy inside.

What Guys Said 0