Online dating sites, do they work?

Do they really work? Has anyone been successful at finding someone on an online dating community?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not saying it can't work, but it's not advised. Face to face conversations and real life-dating still reign supreme compared to online dating. You can still find something worthwhile online, but you'll probably have a harder time.

What Guys Said 5

• Hardly ever, and hey, for those of you who wil limmediately jump in with your urban legends of the times it has 'worked'..

A dart board with random names on it would also 'work' once in a while! And with a lot less trouble, pain, expense, game-playing, and risk of falling in with some Frankenstein.

• nope, no luck unfortuneately

• I met online then we met in person , so I guess it works

• It's a mixed bag just like anything. I think it could be a good place to find people with the same interests. The problem is that there is also a lot of spam on those sites, I mean fakes, flakes and fruitcakes. Most datable girls avoid those sites, so the only one of those left are going to be there just as an ego boost without any intention of making contact with anyone below a rich male model. Those sites are saturated with a certain flaky and flawed personality, and it's very easy to shut someone out without giving them a chance. Girls think less of a guy just for using such sites, and that's a hilarious paradox that implodes on itself, the fatal flaw of those sites.

• Dating sites do not work! better to meet people the old fashion way, face to face.

What Girls Said 5

• Believe it or not, I met my boyfriend on here and we have been together for almost 3 years and live together and we are very happy. We started off talking everyday with each other online.

• Oh wow! That is amazing!

• It can work, but words and a profile can basically describe anyone. You don't really get to know someone like you would in real life face to face. Especially, since so many people deceive you by using fake pictures, it's pretty hard to tell who's genuine or not.

• It's okay but not the best method. I once met this guy online and we started talking over oovoo where we saw each other on cam and we met. It worked but sometimes people make fake profiles or lie about who they are

• I would but I don't like the fact of having to pay to find love -___-

• I met my last boyfriend online. We had a good relationship.