How old were you when you had your first real boyfriend/girlfriend?

How old were you when you had your first real boyfriend/ girlfriend? When I say "real", I mean a relationship where you would actually go on dates, go out together, kiss, etc. not those little things 6th graders call dating when they walk down the hall together and call it a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Middle of 8th grade, so 14. We took a break after our first semester of high school (he moved for a while), and got back together sophomore year. Then I realized I loved him as a brother, and I wasn't IN love with him. Thinking about it now, I probably thought I was in love with him since I've never been in a relationship before him. I was also scared of ruining our friendship, since I met him in the 6th grade, plus I thought I was doing something wrong since it was my first relationship. We mutually broke up after a long talk the summer before junior year and even though we've had our ups and downs, he's one of my closest friends. :)

What Guys Said 3

• I was 12, so I was actually a 7th grader :P she lived in a different city though and I only got to see her during the weekends. She was the one that came to me, we met on MySpace because she was my friends sister in law sorta and she presented her to me through MySpace and we started talking, I didn't like her at first but then she kinda got me hooked :) she would always be the one to take the first step, she was the one that came met me first, and hold my hand first and she was the one that went for the kiss first. I had never had a Girlfriend before so I didn't have any experience whatsoever.

• 18, but I don't beleive in "dating" lol I'm either in a full relationship or I'm not lol

• you have to date a girl first before getting in a relationship...

• nope I never have, dating is for when you don't know her at the same time as trying to make her interested in you. its a process where you get to know the person whilst also trying to get things moving.

i tend to get with friends I've known for a long time and we just then decide to be together if we like each other lol

• Not yet.

What Girls Said 4

• Never had a boyfriend lol

• 14

• details please? :D

• Well I met him through a friend,he was four years older than me however he was such a sweet guy. The first words I said to him before we were officially going out were' you're quite short aren't you'. Honestly I cringe remembering that and he was not that short as he's 5ft 8 . He was a really genuine guy,but we broke up due to the fact we wanted different things, I still love him as a friend and we remain friends.

• 15 Years old , And he's my first and only , We're still together :)

• I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 19.