Why can't I seem to attract men? Am I doing something terribly wrong?

I am 21 and I have never had a boyfriend. I just had my first date and first kiss earlier this year. I barely knew him but we had a great date which ended with an incredibly romantic and passionate kiss after dinner and a walk along the water. After the second date I told him I pretty much just wanted to be friends. It was not a good fit and I think I liked the idea of going on a date more than I actually liked him. Oops.

But that is the only romantic history I have. Never even been told that a guy likes me.

When I ask friends why I cannot seem to attract men I hear everything from, "it will happen when you are not looking" to "you could be intimidating to guys" to them being shocked that I have never been with anyone and trying to figure it out as well.

I am 6' tall, in pretty good shape, and dress well. I was scouted for modeling by 3 large agencies but ened up pursuing an education instead, so my looks do not hold me back.

I read philosophy, play guitar, sing, write, love photography, enjoy going out and letting loose, will talk to anyone about anything, and am currently working towards a masters in psychology and possibly a PHD after that. I cannot possibly read enough about art, philosophy, culture, politics, psychology, or neuroscience.

I cuss and have a wildly dirty sense of humor that all of my guy friends enjoy! I am very liberal, but live in a large, young and liberal city so there is no problem there.

I am fascinated by the human mind and get energized by being a listening ear and being there for my friends. Everyone says I act way more mature than my age.

I am picky in that I do only like tall men. Something about looking up into someone's eyes and having a tall strong body next to mine just excites me. Tall girl syndrom, what can I say?!

I know this is the longest post in the world, so if you have read all the way through I cannot thank you enough! I am just so confused. What could I be doing so wrong? I did move cross country with just my dog to a city I adore in a state where I knew not a soul. I have since made friends but sometimes want a man in my life.

Again, if you read all this, you deserve a serious congratulations.

Here is a round of applause in your honor!

Most Helpful Guy

• well I'm almost 25 and never had a girlfriend, always been single, so I feel your loneliness, but I will be honest with you and admit that I find tall girls very hot and attractive, as in taller than me, doesn't mean I just solely go for girls taller than me, but I'm shorter than you since I'm only 5'7 so I know that is too short for you, but tall girls are HOT!

What Guys Said 3

• If you are 6 feet tall and have been asked to model before I would suggest whoever told you that you're intimidating was 100% correct. With your height and you wanting a man who is taller you already have a smaller amount of men to choose from and considering you are likely very intimidating to approach you are unlikely to have lots of men you like chasing you.

I would suggest that you try to pursue men more, go and find them rather than waiting for them to find you.

• Just ask your guy friends, I guarantee they would bang/date you.

• Your not the only one, for some reason women don't like me!

What Girls Said 1

• just smile at tall guys you see, start off small by building your own confidence