Why do most guys rather date a okay looking girl over a fine one ?

Why are most men afraid of having a relationship with a gorgeous girl?

They rather pick the okay looking girl over the gorgeous one ! I honestly

Don't get it

I don't know why am getting attacked here by those 2 males... I'm not shallow or

What ever you guys are thinking.. its just a question! I see that all the time

Guys dating ugly girls and the good looking ones are almost always

Single

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 41

• I just thought that really good looking girls would be more picky than average looking ones so they're more likely to be single unless they stumble upon a really good looking guy.

• Just because a guy likes to stare at you t*ts, doesn't mean he likes or respects your personality.

• You remind me of someone hehe

When you know someone and that someone might not be good looking but after you know that someone you eventually might like that person and love her/him personality and your view will change you might fall for that someone and think hey she/he is really pretty actually.

Conclusion: Beauty is the eye of the beholder :-)

• I don't see this happening, haha!

Uglier girls are always single and the gorgeous ones have men all over them, from what I've personally seen.

• Are we talking about models here? Or just pretty girls? Because almost every pretty girl I know has a boyfriend so I don't really know what you're talking about. Yes, lots of girls have guys (no matter if they are attractive or not) beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you think she's ugly but the guy she's with thinks she's gorgeous. I have a boyfriend, are you saying he thinks I'm ok? When he in reality thinks I'm pretty?

I understand you're asking a question here, and I have heard this before. But remember that not everyone has your ideal of beauty and that most guys would like a girl they have an attraction to. Because otherwise what the hell kind of a relationship do you have?

• nobody likes to be rejected. And let's be honest, stunning women reject men who they think are not up to par.

• Agree

• "par" being a euphemism for perfection, usually, haha.

• I agree

• Intimidated by how pretty she is

• Because often if a girl is gorgeous and her personality sucks, then why wouldn't the guy go for the okay looking girl with the awesome personality? Maybe men are not really afraid, it's just that they're not shallow and are attracted to other things like brains, integrity, personality that the "gorgeous" girl is lacking.

• Agreed with anon, also, there is no "objective gorgeous" most people may think a girl is pretty but not all of them will think she's the sexiest thing alive. Those girls you refer to as "okay looking" are probably sexy as hell to those guys they date. Not every one thinks that super skinny huge tittied girls are the best, in fact I know more guys who really hate that body type than who like it.

Not to mention if that's your attitude about the whole thing that's probably another turn off. Regardless of which side you think you're on that's either a really sour, bratty and nasty side of your personality that you're showing us here.You feel superior to every one else and look down on them as lesser beings because of their looks and then think you're some hot sh*t, totally unattractive. Or you're way too damn hard on yourself. You've gotta be confident, you can't just let the pictures society puts up as perfect run your life. Have some pride! Be happy with who you are, be confident, and show it off.

• I completely agree!

• Selected as most helpful

Because okay looking girls are more safe to have a relationship with. Gorgeous girls constantly have guys approaching them, chasing them and trying to seduce them. It's hard to trust a girl who is gorgeous because all that attention will make a guy insecure and jealous and he won't trust her as much. She more likely to be able to cheat because she has more guys to pick from, whether she is in a relationship already or not. Okay looking girls don't have as many options and because she isn't as good looking as the gorgeous girl she is less likely to cheat.

• Thanks for BA :)

• End of answers.

• 'nuff said.

• It's not that we're afraid of dating gorgeous girls, it's that we feel they will turn us down, and rejection sucks. Really good looking girls may stay single because they have too many good looking options.

• you the superhot girl, that intimidates some guys?

what part of it don't you get? if you have a hard time getting the okey girl, why even bother with a hot one

• very good looking girls get SO much attention from guys that they tend to think very very highly off themselves even though they offer nothing else than their look and many have horrible personalities. To them, it's supply and demand. They are in high demand so they think the guy they are with need to treat them like princesses. It usually leads to a very toxic relationship for the guy.

• The gorgeous girls are too busy turning down decent guys while the average looking girls give decent guys a shot. Therefore the average looking girls are in relationships.

• "Fine" ones usually have horrible personalities. They aren't very easy to get along with.

That can be true for average girls but it's much less likely.

I like nice girls, personally.

• A lot of good looking girls know it and are conceited. They have gone through life getting things because of their looks. They are usually high maintenance and not easy to deal with. A lot of hot girls are bad in bed. they think because they are so attractive they just need to play there and the guy will be happy because they are so good looking. Basically thier personality has been defined by physical appearance. Also they usually only want to date very attractive men. Usually they get treated like garbage because very attractive men can have the same flaw.

"okay" looking girls as you call it tend to be much nicer. Not everything is about them. They usually have a much better sense of humor.

This of course is a broad answer and of course not always true. But your question was broad.

• There comes a point where a girl starts to just look like "trouble." When a girl puts TOO much effort into her appearance, it begins to say things about her personality that men regard as negative and associate with high maintenance/self-centered narcissism.

• Simple. Because most men are scared when approaching a gorgeous girl. It's much less nerve-wracking to approach an OK-looking girl.

If you think you're gorgeous, give more hints and flirt. Us guys are often clueless to the "subtle" hints you girls give us when interested.

• many answers I read are spot on, I won't deny that a hot girl draws more attention and therefore a man can feel more insecure or always defensive, but also, being honest I for one am not like that, I know iwhen I am with a gorgeous girl that other guys will hit on her and it'll be more likely for her to feel temted and leave me or cheat on me, but I don't worrie, since if she does then well... she wasn't the one for me, now was I for her. something a little more real to me is the fact that, and hope you don't feel offended, but put yourself on boys's shoes, do you only ever date 10's?, is easy to see why would you date a 10, if the boy is extremely handsome he can basically say anything or do anything and you'll still give him a chance, but the less handsome he is, the harder he would have to work to get your attention, some girls who are 10's would date a 6 o are a 5, but the guy shopuld have to work superhard and even then, she will always be the "generous" one, and guy would feel like she is with him almost for pitty, unless the girl trully is able to see his deep high value and treasures him as much as he does to her, and well, a superhot woman would expect to be treated as "the price", ane good friend of mine who is gorgeous would always ridiculize even the guys she likes claiming "have to make him fight for it", some are not that bitchy, but since must of them think of themselves as the price, they may not make you feel castrated but they'll also just wait for you to work hard and they won't lift a finger, while, like guys that court a hotter girl, when the girl is more on the average side, she won't feel superior and would share the work, and I have to say it, I know a chubby girl who turned into an almost-pornstar in order to get a boy out of her league, you should know it, is GREAT to feel like you are desired or even chased, we can get it from girls who are average, but rarely from a girl who is quite hot, so if you are a hot girl, boys doesn't dislike you for being hot, they do because you don't make them feel like they have high value, if you can make your man feel "taller" than he is, feel special and secure (to the poitn that he┬┐'ll be like "yes, buys try to get her attention, but we are in love and only have eyes for each other") then you'll be a hot girl he can love deeply and would never have enough of you (that I can say about my girlfriend, she is a real treasure). but coldly speaking, the #1 reason is that, for the 2 things said before, you are desireable and have guys doing all the effort, most hot girls would either BE arrogant or SEEM arrogant, and arrogant may be sexy to look, but no one loves arrogant, if you are arrogant then find someone equally cocky, if you are not, then make an effort to show it more so people don't get the wrong idea about you

• For some odd reason, every hot girl I went out/hooked up with I got bored with faster. And most sucked sh*t in bed. Those ones I flip over & don't see their "Gorgeous" face anyways.

I'll take the sexy girl next door any day.

• Ur so naughty

• Funny thing is, I really would never in my life get into a relationship with a stunningly attractive girl.

I'm sorry. She'd just have too many options for me.

• I agree, it is f***ed up. I just feel like you can't be as laid back as you can with less attractive looking girls. Better be on your game at all times, because there's always another guy in her phone who's ready to step in and whatnot.

• Damn you have no idea how f up that is

• And they're too much work

• Personality plays a role in it.

• In my opinion fine girls cheat more, flirt more, and get approached more...okay girls get approached twice a month maybe

• It's either guys go for beautiful girls and other girls say:

"Why do guys just try to get with hot girls? They're so lustful."

or they go for average girls and others say:

"Why are guys going for that plain girl? They must lack confidence."

Sounds like you should look more closely, I see every kind of relationship all the time.

• because gorgeous girls are constantly being chased by a lotta guys and unless the guy is really good looking, he's gonna be afraid that you're gonna cheat on him or leave him. and also, for me personally, I'm afraid of what her friends would say. I've personally had a girl's friends tell her she couldve done better when I asked her to the dance AFTER she had initially said yes, back in high school. and she ultimately agreed... biiiiiittttttttttttccccccchhhh

• Good they usually have a nicer body , fine not really

• Maybe the TV is wrong and we're not all after only looks, maybe that OK looking girl is nice and you're not?

• honestly the supermodel good looking body type isn't realistic to me and that is my personal preference.

• Because being gorgeous usually goes to their head and their personality falls flat.

• Several reasons (and to a large degree, they are true when the guy is especially attractive and the girl is more average too):

1. Many guys think that hot girls won't date them, and they don't want to be rejected or risk asking a girl if the chances of rejection are very high. If he feels that she is "out of his league", he usually won't bother asking. There are legitimate reasons for him to feel that way; many attractive girls aren't shy about telling guys, loudly and publicly, that they are "beneath her" and not good enough to date her, especially when they are younger. That's a very painful, ego-sapping lesson to learn, and one most guys learn very well.

2. Many hot girls can be hard to get to know, because they ARE hit on a lot, and mostly by guys who just want sex from them, and don't respect them as a person. Hot girls often put up big walls to protect themselves, and that can create a lot more work for a decent guy to get to know her.

3. Many hot girls KNOW they're hot, and have gotten used to using their attractiveness to get their way, to get "stuff" (money, gifts, bills paid, etc.) from guys, or just to "excuse" her bad behavior. Despite their acknowledged physical beauty, many guys won't be attracted to them because of their ATTITUDE and BEHAVIOR.

When a guy feels like he's on the same level as the girl, he will be more confident, and that in turn will make him more attractive to her (in most cases), and his success rate in getting her to say "yes" will be much higher, further reinforcing the idea that he should play "at his level" and not try to extend his reach too far.

NOTE: I don't necessarily agree with that, but I fully understand how people can come to that conclusion based on their own experiences.

• Thank you! That was very understandable, and I totally agree

• Show More