Guys, why do you send more texts if the girl doesn't respond?

1. Why do you send another text if it has only been 5 minutes(casual talking)? Are you that worried because she didn't reply instantly?

So why do some guys do this?

2. Also, this applies to teasing as well. If you send a girl a teasing text and she doesn't reply within 2 minutes, why do you send an apology or another text?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some men are insecure and think that girls are very easily offended. What they don't realize is that girls like it when men don't apologize for speaking their mind or trying to be funny. Also, some guys are so thrilled to have a girl's attention, that they can't bear and wait a couple minutes for her to respond. Like some girls, some guys are just needy and need to learn to stop seeking a woman's approval. As you're aware, you like it when a guy speaks his mind, not makes constant apologies or spams your phone without you being given the chance to respond.

What Guys Said 10

• Desperation and insecurity. I rarely text, and if I do I only reply if she has. I hate feeling like I'm bothering or wasting my time.

• Insecurity.

• 1 is generally insecurity or boredom.

2 is testing, see how far you can go. If she doesn't react then apologize for overstepping...And look for a different, more fun girl to talk to.

• Depends on the guy.

Maybe he really likes the girl and is worried if he doesn't hear back.

Personally, I would want to know to not wait if the girl is busy or something. After a while, you start to wonder if she is ticked off or something.

• I don't. I send short texts and don't expect responses. Also I never apologize for teasing. It's all shiz and giggles. BTW, you're kinda cute.

• Eh if she doesn't respond, I follow the same pattern.

• 1) No if I had something else on my mind during the time she didn't answer the first thing ill just send it, it has nothing to do with being worried\

2) It would depend on my level of familiarity with her, but yeah if I texted her something that I felt was extending my boundaries and didn't know her that well, and she suddenly didn't respond for some time, I might be inclined to apologize

• I never send texts unless I am getting replies. I would say any guy who does is likely very needy and insecure.

• cause we are clingy mother f***ers.

i don't apologize.

• Apologies for all of the unschooled men out there. It's our goal oriented wiring that we've developed over the millennia. We get so focused on getting a response that we don't see the big picture of annoying the receiver.

It's not until we get older/more experience do we learn the 2 - rule. Call, text, email, etc no more than twice, then stop.

What Girls Said 0