Did I respond okay to my bf's text about kissing someone else?

I texted my boyfriend asking him if he's doing anything for NY. And the following convo ensued:

bf: yes I'm going out with some hot chicks tonight muHAHAHAHA

me: LOL! understandable

bf: I'm just going to a bar

me: cool! they're gonna have a countdown

bf: yeah let's see who gets to have a taste of my lips tonight :D

me: make sure to take a pic and show me after, so I can be on my way

And he hasn't replied since.

Do you think I said the right thing? he's being a jerk right?

Btw we're in different cities for the NY.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would bet he was joking, and even if he didn't, you replied nicely, no point in telling him "don't kiss! I forbid it", he knows that his actions have consecuences, and by not being dramatic about it you come across as confident, so he shall think twice before risking losing you, if you were the clingy kind of girl he would feel more confident to mistreat you. actually, once, I had practically this convo, except I didn't say bar, I said reunion, she didn't ask for pic, but I sent her anyway, a pic with me kissing my grandma's forhead, since that's where the reunion was, the "is there going to be a count down?" is a charming way of saying "I don't want you around other girls!" and the "yes, I'll kiss someone" is "remember that she who looks for something usually finds it, no I'm not going to cheat on you but if you are going to beahave with jealousy then I'll give a reason to justify it, not a real one of course, just a little mind game for you to think twice before getting suspicious with me, because deep inside you know it, if it have been him the one saying "is there going to be a countdown?" you'll be like "can you believe my jealous/childish man?"

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah he was being a tool! You seem very relaxed and jokey about it. Basically, if he hasn't text since saying how sorry he is, he does seem a jerk!

• Well I hope he was just kidding. But assuming he was, I think he was being a total jerk for not replying anymore and leaving you in the dark about his "joke"...

What Girls Said 6

• He might be kissing someone tonight, but he might not have a girlfriend tomorrow. Doesn't sound like the brightest guy to me :/

• HAHAHA! Your comment made me LOL :DD

• I might be crazy, but if I had a guy write that to me I'd be rethinking my relationship. Maybe I'm just nuts? :/

• Does your boyfriend enjoy drama? It sounds like he is trying to start some. Even if he is kidding, sarcasm does not come across easily in text.

• Why would you let your boyfriend do that

• He was being a jerk and you played it off and did not let him see you sweat.I think you handled it just fine. Don't even think about him tonight.you're young, have fun

• he was being a jerk sorry