Is she being genuine or is she using me?

Back in October, I met a girl on a dating site. We had planned a time and place for a date and texted extensively, as well as exchanged Skype information. The one time we video chatted on Skype lasted only about two minutes with only about 20 seconds dedicated to actual conversation (the rest was due to some stuff going on with her friends.) Anyway, she never responded to my texts and ims to confirm the date and even removed me from her contact list on Skype. I had always thought she blew me off because she was turned off by my physical appearance and/or voice. Last night, I unexpectedly got a text message from her in which she apologized for ignoring me, claiming she didn't feel like she was ready for anything and that she wanted a new start with the new year. This strikes me as uncharacteristic of something that somebody would do. Do you think she might have a serious interest in dating me, or do you think she might be using me for something else?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like this girl was very interested in your personality an enjoyed getting to know you. During the Skype call she may have realized that she's not physically attracted to you, which is fine because there has to be a level of physical attraction when you're with someone. After the Skype call you say she deleted you from her contacts? That is a pretty clear indication that she's not interested.i think he realized this was a very rude and harsh gesture, which is why she wrote back to you with an apology. It still seems like her apology was not to lure you back into a relationship, but simply to say sorry for being so rude while still letting you know that she's wanting to explore other options in the new year. I'm so sorry he was so harsh with you, but you can find someone who will be both physically and emotionally attracted to you and who treats you with respect and positive attention.