How to keep her for the future when my head is clear?

OK, if you are going to just say "waaa don't keep people as backups" don't because whatever, this is about doing just that.

I am in a very rocky time with my current girlfriend. We took a break last week and have been texting every once in a while. But, I think we will get back together eventually. We will see.

As a condition of the break we are allowed to see other poeple but not have sex.

There is a very cute, smart, funny girl that has been going after me. She doesn't know anything about my ex, or girlfriend or whatever you want to label her.

Thing is, this girl is GREAT. We've never done more than text and talk a few times if we see each other out, but she is interested for sure. I could see myself trying to date her one day.

My question is: How do I let her off easy now and not ruin things for the possible future with her? I wouldn't expect her to wait for me, and she is special so I think she will get grabbed up quick. But still, I would like to one day maybe date her, when my head is clearer.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she is as smart as you say she is, there is no way you will be able to put her on the back burner until you're "ready" . If your current relationship is not working why not break up with her and go after this smart, funny chick. Just date her now , why waste time with this current girlfriend if it ain't working? If she is as fantastic as you say, you're right someone who will appreciate her now will grab her up and you'll be stuck holding your D*^k.My advice is don't be a doofus go for her now, text curent Girlfriend a breakup text (this will surely piss her off enough to not want to be with you ) and pursue your dream girl, at lest if it dons't work out with her you won't have any regrets later on that you didn't at least try.

What Girls Said 4

• you can't. just hope she will be around when you ready to date her again, but you can't guarantee that..

• hang out with her...as you said the condition of the break is that you can see other people. take her out...get to know her...and just keep texting and talking every now and then. start off as a flirty friendship. Do you intend to get back with your ex? because you don't want to lead this other woman on...

• I've been the " On the Side girl". It doesn't feel good.

• EXACTLY why I'm asking. I've been the on the side guy as well. I don't want to hurt her at all yet I don't want to ruin things for a possible try in the future.

• mmm I hear ya, a girl did the same to me, I convinced her to leave him for me...then she went ahead and cheated on me with him like a couple months later

• Ignoring her would be bad. I would just tell her that you want to try with your ex again. You might lose her, but ignoring her is going to make her think you don't care and makes things worse.

• Be friends with her

Don't worry about getting stuck in the friend zone.that won't happen because this girl already likes you.

• ok thanks that's a good idea no one said I had to make any moves anyways!

What Guys Said 1

• First of all, you don't dictate the manner in which your questions are answered. You come here for answers, you get answers. You ask, we answer. That's all.

If you want to keep her on the back burner, just be sure to keep in touch with her. Communication is key.