How picky are you when it comes to choosing partners for a relationship?

Are you the type of person who will give anyone a shot, even of you aren't that sure it will go anywhere, or are you the type who has to have some certainty of it lasting before dating someone?

I know that I am the latter of the two..I have always been somewhat selective of who I would date, and wouldn't try and go for it if I didn't think it would last more than a few weeks/months.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very selective about who I date in terms of personality, and to a slightly lesser degree, looks. I'd say only 10% of all girls my age qualify. Most girls either don't have it in the looks department, are overweight, have attitude issues, etc. Basically, I have to be attracted to her body and she has to be a nice girl on top of that, otherwise it is just too much work. I'd rather be single than in a relationship with a mediocre girl I'm not crazy about. That's why I'm selective in who I date. I'm not going to waste my time or the time of girls that aren't right for me. That would be time better spent on finding the few girls who meet my strict standards.

What Guys Said 5

• Relationships involve spending a significant part of your life with someone.

It's best that you need to pick someone whom you can maximize your happiness with, and not just anyone who comes by and taking a shot. That's how I view about selecting my partners.

• i am very selective about who I date and dramatically more so when it comes to having a relationship with someone. I know what I want in a woman and if they don't measure up I won't waste my time on her. The bar is set rather low tho but so very few women make the cut unfortunately, the ones who do however are worth it.

• I'm the latter of the two as well. I actually want to know a little bit about the person before I actually date them. If there are any deal breakers I'd like to know beforehand so we aren't wasting each others' time.

• *Insert banter about asexuality here*

• i wish one girl would like me and ignore my ugly face

What Girls Said 3

• I'm relatively selective about who I go on a date/dates with. I'm extremely selective about who I commit to in a relationship.

• I'm the former. Half of fun of a new relationship is getting to know the other person. I don't get into a relationship thinking well this is going to be a waste of time cause it won't last or I'm going to marry this guy, I go with the flow and see where it takes me.

• I would give most a shot, if they make me smile and accept me for who I am, then I see no reason not to try. As long as were both accepting I see it working