Why do guys always want to date younger girls?

It's always like a sixteen year old guy wanting to date a twelve year old girl and I don't get why. So guys why do you like dating girls that are five years younger than you it's disgusting. Also why is it always where the guy is way older than the girl? You never see an 18 year old girl with a fifteen year old guy why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest reason is emotional maturity. On average (which means, yes, there are a few exceptions), guys are about 2-3 years behind girls in emotional maturity in their teens and 20s. That means, if you are 15, and you date a guy who is 17-18, you are probably about equal in emotional maturity. And being on the same level of emotional maturity is far more important than being the same chronological age.

Another thing is that older guys tend to have more resources, and since guys traditionally have to:

- pay for dates

- have the car/license/insurance for the date

- pay for gas, etc.

- and when older, his own place.

being older means he is more likely to have those resources, while a younger guy is much less likely to.

For those two big reasons, girls tend to WANT to date older guys, and guys tend to date younger girls. It's always been that way, and for those reasons.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, there's a larger age difference between 16 and 12 than there is say at my current age of 29 and 25, using that same four year age gap. Once you get out of your teens, the gaps are often larger. The last couple of girls I dated were 20, 23 and 23. When you're as young as you are, a large age gap is actually huge. When you become an adult, it is no big deal. Honestly, when I was 16, I wanted nothing to do with 12 year old girls. I don't think most guys do.

• Age is just a number. Are young women pretty? Yep. Are older girls more mature? Yep.

That said, I've dated girls older than me and younger than me. Had better luck with the older ones. That doesn't mean that I'm not attracted to smooth skin, perky boobs and healthy body styles. Human males are hardwired by millions of years of evolution to try to be the first guy to breed with a new female. It's an evolutionary advantage. Disgusting or no, it's part of human nature. The day we stop being turned on by those things is the day the human race is doomed. As long as guys listen when a girl says no, it doesn't seem like that big of a problem to me. There's also the fact that an older more experienced person is fun to explore romance with. I remember my first experience. She was 36. I was...a LOT younger. We had some really great times together. :-)

• 16 with 12 is weird and super illegal. A 16 year old is an adult in many ways (including sex) whilst a 12 year old is a kid. That is just wrong.

I guess those weirdos who do that want a girl who is more impressionable, things they're cooler than they are, and are easier to control?

With older people though its normal. Its just the way things are. Women mature faster than men so it takes an older guy to be on the same maturity level as a younger woman.

In serious relationships too it is a fact of nature that women tend to stop being able to have kids younger than men. Meanwhile older men tend to have their career and other sh*t more in order and are more ready to have kids than younger ones. So an older guy with a younger woman works.

I can never seem to get younger women though. I always end up with older ones. which sucks.

• It goes with age my dad was in highs hook when my mom was in 6th grade I think somewhere around there. It's normal I like it because I'm a man I like to be a man it's not that I want today control although the bible says that men should dominate their wife or something's like that it might of been men but be head of houses hold its juts our way God created us, now if its a 32 year old liking a high schooler that's not right

• Those guys are pedophiles.

• we need to cling on to our youth somehow.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe its not the guy but the girl. I prefer guys older than me, my fiance is 7 years older. I have never had any interest in guys younger than me. It make be a cliche but there is a widely held belief that men and women mature differently and a woman will be a few years ahead of her age and a guy a few years behind his age so they meet in the middle

• Guys don't *always* want to date younger girls. Not even the majority of guys do that. Only some people.

I remember this one guy I went to high school with who liked to date girls in middle school when he was a senior. It was disgusting. He said that he liked them young because they were inexperienced and he could "teach them things".

• Young girls are easier manipulated into sex.it's like taking candy from a baby