Got a date with a beautiful girl, now my confidence is shaken

I've got a date with the hottest girl I've ever gone on a date with. She's a 10, no joke. I was talking to her and she gave me her number on her own, I think because she thinks I'm funny and I don't take her too seriously. So we set up a small date. However, I keep thinking to myself that maybe I'm not fun, I'm not funny, and I'm going to mess it up.

How can I stop doing this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You got the date in the first place, let that serve as the basis for your confidence level. If she wasn't even the slightest bit interested, she wouldn't have agreed. Lets face it, no girl is going to waste her night on someone she's not interested in. Let your best traits and characteristics shine through on the date. Don't over do it, don't try too hard. Just let it be natural. If you're nervous and jittery, don't be too hard on yourself. She'll think it's cute that you like her so much. SHE gave you HER number. You didn't even have to ask for it. She's definitely interested. If you feel yourself trying too hard, just take a step back and take a deep breath. Keep the conversation going and focus on her. Ask her questions about herself and find small subtle ways to relate to her by telling her stories of your own. But don't try to brag too much or talk too much about yourself. Keep the main focus on her. After a while you'll start to be at ease, and you can have a naturally flowing conversation. If you were able to land a date with this girl that you describe as a ten, then that also says a lot about you too. Just don't be cocky or overconfident. Be a gentleman, make her laugh, be respectful, be yourself. Girls can pick up when you're not being yourself. Just relax. It's a date, not the SATs. Remind yourself that she IS interested. She does see something in you that she likes. Good luck, and remember to just ENJOY the date. Make it a good time for the both of you.

What Girls Said 9

• You're emphasizing and focusing on what she LOOKS like.You should try focusing on whether or not she can hold a conversation,her morals,pov etc. Its like Naomi Campbell. She is super beautiful,but sort of a spawn of satan with her attitude.So beauty means nothing,unless the personality is equal.

Go on the date,be yourself.Leave it at that.The more you experience dating,the more you will realize that someone being a perfect 10 is very small on a scale of anything.Good luck.

• Just go with it. You weren't rehected before, she has no reason to change her mind. If she does, she wasn't for you. I'm sure you're just having anxiety. It's natural. You'll be fine. Just stay tenporarily unattached to the outcome until you know more how much you have genuinely in commin and if it's plausible to attach yourself to it.

• just get to know her on the first date and be yourself. Don't be nervous. Just enjoy it. Dress nice. Show the girl that you are worth her time. Be respectful. If you aren't respectful the girl is not going to go on another date with you. That's the best advice I can give you.

• If you got the date in the first place, your level of confidence should be through the roof. That's half the battle... and SHE gave YOU her number all on her own.

• 1 have some confidence 2 don't show or tell her that she's a 10

Don't get her head big, she's gonna start driving you crazy ! TRUST ME

I would know!

3 be funny, but don't over do it, to the point where she feels like year

Stupid, 4 be a gentleman make sure you pay for everything on that date.

Goodluck !

• Well it depends...were you always acting like someone else every time you interacted with her? I.e. were you acting in such a way that deviated from how you actually normally are? If you answered yes to that question, then it's no wonder why you'd be worried about your date.

I see some people telling you to do specific actions and things to interest her, but buddy, all that's gonna do is put you under even more pressure. How about just being yourself for a change?

• no, I WAS myself, but the problem was that there was nothing one the line then. I was just talking to her without expecting anything, therefore I was uninhibited. Now I feel there's something at "stake" and that's going to make me act unnatural.

• Well in that case, she gave you her number and agreed to go out with you. That means she likes you to some extent. Not all pretty faces are superficial and mean, she sounds like a nice girl, so be calm, relaxed, and pleasant in your own way. Don't worry, its gonna go great :)

• So did you have the date? How'd it go?

• nope, she canceled on me and claimed she was too nervous. Just a couple hours before, too.

• Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Keep truckin' along.

• How long have you guys been talking? Maybe she is thinking the same thing as you are, go for it, you will never know what could have been if you don't go. Be yourself and that might catch her eye :) Relax and stop thinking so hard about it. Good luck and don't blow your chances.

• we've been talking for one week.

• You should be fine :) relax and try it out, it doesn't hurt to give it a chance.

• Dont back down now. She gave you the number.. Make her laugh, feel appreciated, stare at her liips, when you talk make sure you touch her arm or whatever . its all about body language . That will create the spark even if its not there

• stare at her lips? I'm sorry but staring at a girl's lips is not necessarily a turn on. If anything, it's a turn off because she'd think you just 'want' her and are not actually paying attention to anything she says.

Only way she would actually be turned on by that is if she's not serious and she's just looking for some 'fun'

What Guys Said 7

• It's normal to be nervous. Don't think too much of her appearance. The moment you start thinking she's a 10 you're pretty much putting her on a pedestal. No matter how pretty a girl is there's no such thing as a 10. Think of her as an 8 or a 9, that there are prettier girls out there so even if you mess this up nothing's gonna change and you'll just move to the next girl.

tips: tease her A LOT

• yeah, I teased the hell out of her when I first talked to her, so that's probably why she gave me her number. But then there was nothing at stake. Now I feel like there's something to lose.

• Then by all means continue. It's also just the first date right? so technically you still have next to nothing to lose. Don't mind yourself about what she thinks, you're there to have fun and to get to know her. If it doesn't work then move on, there are plenty of girls out there and there's ALWAYS a hotter girl.

• Relax man, she accepted you for a date, and gave you her number on her own. You've got her attention, and she wouldn't have done those things if she wasn't at all interested. Just be yourself, literally. No negative thoughts. Be the person who sparked her interest in the first place.

• Don't think of it as a date; you're just hanging out with her. You're not expecting anything, you don't have any motives, you're hanging out. And if something happens, awesome; if not, no loss.

She's drawn to you because you're one of few people who doesn't get worked up talking to her. Don't go changing that now or you'll chase her away.

• Have confidence. That girl found you attractive because of how you carried yourself and behave during your first date. Stop thinking about things. She's attracted to you so you can talk just about anything.

• I know how you feel I once asked out this girl I sought of knew a few years ago I was, really scared to ask for her number she's like a 8 I'm like a negative -10. Anyway I asked for her number in front of a whole bunch of people she said no. I felt like killing myself.

• Don't go then. Don't live and don't cross streets. Waste your life worrying instead of being carefree and enjoying life.

• Don't start doubting yourself now. SHE gave you her number. She wouldn't of done it if she didn't like you. You here that? She likes you. All you've gotta do is relax and be yourself. That's what got her interested in the first place. Be bold and feel confident. And she's just a person like the rest of us. She might even be a bit nervous herself. Now get out there boy and go for it

• oh and I should of typed "hear" not "here"

• See, and here's the problem. I keep telling myself that I'm not really like that, that I'm not really all that witty or good at teasing and she just caught me in a good moment. Now I fear two things: either 1. I won't be able to match/top that first time in terms of teasing or 2. I'll try too hard in an attempt to do so.

• You're over analizing dude. If you do that then you will stumble. You gotta get past that. Try thinking confidently. Tell yourself I can do it. It's amazing how that can work