• Ask
  • myTake

Not getting a text response. Don't understand what's going on.

So a girl gave me her number on a dating site yesterday after we've spent a week corresponding. Today I sent her an introductory text, but thus far, I'm waiting for nearly 45 minutes. Now, maybe this is some sort of game, because online, she would sometimes wait 2 days to respond, but I figured those long waits would end once I landed her number. She must have been interested if she gave her number out, since most girls would say no or just wouldn't reply if they didn't want to give out their number. So now I'm sitting and over thinking and stressing. I don't know what to do. Should I call her up? Send a follow up text?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Leave it alone.. maybe she's busy. 45 minutes isn't that long. don't stress, and don't call. if she doesn't respond, go back on the site and message her and ask, "hey tried texting you the other day, did you get my text?" and if she doesn't respond at all, then she's not interested.

What Girls Said 10

• its only been 45 minutes, I'd relax a bit. She may be doing something so that she is away from her phone at that moment.

• wait 5 days. if you don't hear anything, text again.

• Guys when are you going to get the point? When a girl doesn't text you back it means She's not interested ! Period . (But in your case its init been 45 minutes, you should give it more time )

• That's clear...but then why would she send me her number? As a sick joke?

• don't send a follow up text, that could be considered annoying and clingy. she could easily be busy or just hasn't even seen the message yet. just do something to take your mind off of it so you aren't doing any more over thinking and I'm sure you'll get a message back before you know it.

• Haha it's only been 45 minutes. She might've been with friends, at the gym, running errands, etc. and not been paying attention to her phone. I do that all the time... Don't worry about it yet. I'd only be concerned if you don't here from her after a day or two... In which case, it's safe to assume that she either gave you the wrong number, or is "just not that into you."

• it not that long, plus its the weekend. She may be busy hun. if she hasn't replied by Sunday night then I don't think she's worth pursuing as she doesn't sound like she'd give you the time you'd deserve

• dont beg friend her, shell come around

• online dating has a lot of sketchy people just be patient... she is probably crazy anyways..

• You haven't even been waiting for an hourRelax

• It's been 6 hours now...

• How about you chill and be patient. You're sounding a little too desperate from your write-up. I mean, "thinking and stressing"? Over someone you don't even know or haven't even met before? Just calm the heck down!

• Thanks for the kind words "Anonymous User." Maybe you don't "think and stress" about these sorts of situations, but I'm a very busy guy, I am a full time graduate student, and I don't have many opportunities to date. So if this doesn't work out, I might not have an opportunity for quite a while. But like I said, thanks so much for your extremely kind words of wisdom. Have you thought about being a psychologist? ...

• Show Older
    • Nope. Looks like it was false hope all along. I hate these dating rules. If you don't like someone, don't give out your phone number. Just a waste of time and energy. Looks like it's back to square one unfortunately.

• To be honest, I don't trust dating sites at all. I personally think it's easier to find someone by not looking. You will eventually find the right girl as you move through life. It might be in your school, or the gym (if you go gyming), or in your career, or on a bus, or the airport, or anywhere. Just live your life. But if you still insist on internet dating, then I hope it works out for you.

What Guys Said 1

• no, you gotta chill dude. Let her breath! 45 min is nothing. Take it easy and let her get back to you later. Anything else will show immaturity and clingy tendencies. On the other hand if you act cool and patient you'll score points..