Why do people date gold diggers?

I've never understood this. Why would anyone date or be in a relationship with someone who only likes them for their money? Doesn't make much sense because that isn't love. If they ever lost their job or the money dried up, that person would be gone in a heartbeat.

Once I graduate, I'll probably be in a position to make a decent amount of money. But if I ever found out someone was dating me for my money, I'd dump them in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Most Helpful Girl

• Situation A: Arm Candy. They know about the gold-digger, but don't care because they want to be seen w/a physically attractive person (ego-boost). Typically seen type at fancy social events and out in public.

Situation B: Symbiotic relationship. Similar to Situation A except that you know they're a gold digger, they know you know, and both of you are fine with it (& getting what you want out of the relationship). Love is not an important factor.

Situation C: Ignorance and/or Denial. They don't (want to) know the person is a gold-digger. They think the person likes them for them.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people like the feel of being able to provide for someone else and give them everything they want.. some people only know how to express their "love" through material gift giving and maybe they don't mind as long as they are getting something in return, whether or be good sex or companionship or whatever it is.

• I have always wondered that myself. I assumed that they don't care, they care more about how that person looks on their arm and don't care about love or are really naive and believe that the gold digger actually loves them. Or maybe it's because a person who really loves them wants them around more to spend time with them and just be with them and a gold digger does not care that he/she has to work so much and be away from them for so long.

• Hot women can get away with anything. Beauty and sex appeal are 2 weaknesses virtually all guys have

• Because gold diggers are good at hiding what they are really after. They make you think they are really into you then you think "oh wow she really likes me" and you are fooled in the end

• Positives

+they keep the sheets warm

+ they're usually hot

+ nice arm candy

Negatives

-they're after your money

- they might possibly break your heart

• Gold diggers are usually very very hot. Some guys realize they wouldn't be able to attract really pretty women without the help of money, so they put up with it.

They want to be seen with the top of the line looking woman.it's a boost in the eyes of other men to have the finest women on your arm so they do what they have to do to get them.

What Guys Said 6

• Because these guys are desperate and probably don't have many choices in terms of girls so they take whatever they can get, and that tends to be gold diggers who throw themselves at them because they see the kaching.

• Well I won't marry a gold digger but honestly it could be fun. And it's never black and white, I mean girls you call digger most often don't see themselves as seeking money, they like the attributes of a rich men. ie : confidence,smartness, the ability to travel, have an thrilling social life etc.

• Because most gold diggers are hot.

• When you're 70 banging a 20 year old I don't think it matters.

• Just don't leave anything to her!

• Because women are very manipulative about it. They won't tell you upfront they are gold digger. But make no mistake, in their mind your money is their money, they truly believe they deserve it, that's the scary part.

• I guess you just have to get other people's opinion. It's obvious to an outside observer but not necessarily to you. Would you agree?

• yes that's smart indeed

• Learn about hypergamy and you will realize that almost all women are, to some extent, gold diggers.