18 year old girl dating a 26 year old?

I know it is technically legal to date but is it worth it? We are both at very different stages in our lives (he's graduated from college and has a job and his own place, I'm still in high school and about to leave for college this fall).

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my girlfriend were in a similar place. I was 25, she was 19. We made it work. We've been together for almost 6 years. it's pretty great.

Is it worth it? Well I think it's worth giving it a try. I can't tell you whether you'll think it's worth it later on, or in the end, or even if you will find it worth it, right now, because that's up to you to decide. Still, I think it's always worth trying. Age is just a number. Status is just an opinion. Where you are in your life, can be worked on, or around.

Ultimately I think the only thing that you should ask yourself are two questions. Does he make you happy? Is he good to you? Strip away all that other stuff, put aside everything and ask yourself how you feel about him, beyond that. That to me is what's most important. Yes it's your call, but I think that these are the things you need to consider when you ask if it's worth it. Think about it.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I did it.. and am still doing it lol going on 2 years. same age gap too and we're doing fine. we've known each other for a while and realized that we just get along really well.. the thing is though that you're going to meet a lot of people in college and you'll have to decide if this is a relationship worth keeping and sacrificing all other potential ones for. The different stages in life thing is hard to get over too sometimes, but for me and my guy it hasn't been so much of a problem. I go to his work events and everything.. its worth it if you think it is. I did, and we've made it work.

• Were you a virgin when you started dating him? Did he expect sex? If he did, when in the relationship did you?

I don't know if I would be ready to have sex but I feel like a 26 year old would expect that in a relationship.

• No I wasnt, but no I don't think he expected it because he never pressured me to do anything I didn't want to. We ended up doing it maybe after 3 months?

If you're not ready then don't let it happen

• Its worth it if you really feel that you have a strong enough connection with this guy to keep going. If not, it may be best to part ways for now until you can get on your feet too. Do what is best for you, not the relationship. This is a pivotal moment in your life where drastic decisions can alter your future dramatically.

• Age is nothing but a number when it is legal. If you like/love him then you shouldn't start doubting the relationship.

• When I was 18, I dated a guy who was 24, he was always putting me down and calling me immature when I was acting 18. So technically not immature. LOL In my case it did not work but every situation is different. Just because he is out of college and you are starting it does not mean it can't work. It depends on who you two are and how you are with each other. In my case the guy was a jerk that does not mean yours will be. I wouldn't worry about it.