Unsightly chewing on a first date...enough to not lead to a second date?

So I'm to dinner last night with and there is a couple next to us that looked like they were on first date. We could hear part of their conversation. We also heard the guy's excessive slurping and chewing noises. The restaurant was not that busy; but still there is no reason that I should be able to hear all the activity going on in your mouth.

Like most people; I have some pet peeves that I'm not willing to bend on. This is one of them. I would not be able to go on a second date with someone who ate like a pig. My friend thought it was unsightly but didn't think it would be enough to snuff out the possibility of a second date. She thinks I was being too hash.

So what do you guys think? Is someone's eating habits a factor in moving forward with a second date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad table manners on a first date can be distracting but depending on the rest of the date (and chemistry) I might give him another chance.

Manners are extremely important since you most likely DO want the other person to want to see you again. No one is perfect, though, so I would try to be fair. :-)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't let that stop me if he was a great guy

• Depends on how the rest of the date went and if you felt comfortable telling the person. Maybe the person doesn't realize his eating habits are so, well, rude. I would think if he knew he would work on changiing them. I would want somenoe to tell me.

• That might be a little distracting for me but not enough to rule him out as a possible partner.

• I think it would depend on how much I like the guy. If I really liked him then I wouldn't let it stop me from going into a relationship with him, but I don't think I could ever marry a guy like that. Like you, that's one of my pet peeves. I absolutely hate it!