Question for the ladies about texting

I have a situation and was wondering if you could provide some help with. I really like this girl who I work with, however, at the beginning of December she said it would be best if we didn't talk outside of work. However recently she sent me some text asking if I was working the Monday before Christmas, telling me I can come out from hiding at work (when I went downstairs it was busy), etc.

I always kinda gave her a hard time (jokingly) about how much she wore purple. So on Friday she sent me a random text message (which started the conversation) about how someone else we work with noticed how much she wore purple.

Is it me or is she slowly starting to talk to me outside of work again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Time will tell. If she keeps it up then it could mean she is interested. Your best bet is to play along and see where it leads.

What Girls Said 9

• I would say don't get *too* ahead of yourself. As bad as that sounds. Remain hopeful but don't think too much about it she may just wanna make sure you guys stay friends.

• yes she has...she might be open to a friendship 1st...take things slowly.. :) but dnt go into anyhing expecting something...otherwise ul be disappointed :)

• i think she's just trying to keep it friendly between the two of you, because you don't want things to be awkward at work, just be cool and friendly with everyone :) hope this helps!

• She wants to break the ice with you and wants to start talking to you outside of work

• It seems that way. It may not necessarily mean that she's interested in you now, but she might have decided that it's okay for you two be friends outside of work and decided to give you a chance or something.

• yes most likely... if you like her you should be clear about it.

• No it might have been just a random thought since you joke about purple

• Honestly, she probably realized that you have a crush on her, but didn't want to have a relationship with a coworker. She most likely wants to be friends at work still, and may feel bad for ruining your friendship.

• she knew I liked her. I'm just wondering if I can ever get another chance to make it clear I would like a relationship with her. any ideas?

• I would spend more time talking to her in person. Also, find something you have in common, or mention a really cool place, and offer to bring her sometime, see what her reaction is, or add "after work?" or something, maybe after work the next time you know you'll work together.

• would you mind sending a friend request to me so we can chat?

• She's probably just lonely

Don't read too much into it yet

What Guys Said 1

• Don't you hate being the dorky computer guy?

-Sys Admin