Should I move on from the only girl I have ever really cared about?

Me and this girl had seen each other all summer and both fell for each other very hard. I had never felt the way I did for her for any other girl and she also felt the same way for me. I went away to school for one semester and we put things on hold. We would keep in contact when I was away. When I finally came back home for good I was hoping we could pick up where we left off. So I took her on an amazing Christmas date. Where we went to a romantic dinner,ice skating and a horse and carriage ride. I bought her roses, heart necklace and chanel perfume. I pretty much went all in for her and wanted to make it special. We had an amazing time, but she told me to be patient with her and take things slow. Which I agreed to because I'm in no rush to get in a relationship. So 3 weeks after that date I have been very patient with her and have not rushed things and I have not seen her since. I will call her to hang out, but she is always busy. Yesterday I think I hit the breaking point with her because I invited her to go to my friends birthday party. She was excited to go all week, but at the very last minute she texts me saying "sorry I'm not going tonight I'm going to be with my friends for the night. That really pissed me off she did that. I put my heart out there and I just feel like she takes me for granted. I talked to my dad about it and he told me just back off her and do your own thing. If she really wants to be with you she will put in the effort to. So if I can get anymore advice what to do that would be great

A everybody thank you for the advice I have an update my good friend was out with one of her friends last night and he asked her what was going on between me and her friend. She told him that she says she doesn't no what she wants and is confused right now. When my friend told me that I just felt like my stomach dropped I mean how could this girl not no what she wants and be confused about me. I put my heart out there and I felt like she just took me for granted.what does everybody think ?

Most Helpful Girl

• First off if she wanted to be with you she would make an effort to make time for you.secondly, she blew you off for her friends.that would piss me off.third, you dad is right.plus she probably met someone else while you we're away from each other but doesn't want to tell you.personally I'd move on.after asking her face to face if possible what her deal is.she seems to be a messed up bitch.ur a sweetheart whom any woman would be lucky to have.i know it hurts but things happen for a reason.always remember, if someone truly wants to be with you , no matter how busy their life is,they will make time for you.

• i agree with mommymonica! if she wants to be with you she has to make time for you! so speak to her let her know how you feel and even if that didn't happen to work out I'm sure you will have someone better that respects you, that cares for you and appreciates everything you do for her! best of luck to you! you are a great guy!

What Girls Said 11

• Take your dad's advice. It doesn't seem like she is interested in you anymore. Some people don't know how to say no without hurting another person, like her saying yes to your invitation. She did not realize that saying yes and then the no has a worse effect. Just forgive her ignorance and move on.

• i got the same bullsh*t from a guy I was into.one minute he asked me to go away with him on vacation for a weekend and the next thing I new he was telling me he was confused too.and he didn't know what he wanted , so I told him to have his time to think about it (and miss me OR NOT) and went on my way.if he decides he wants me then cool.if not at least I don't have my heart on the line.so I say move on.eventually she will figure out what a good thing she is missing out on and perhaps it will be too late by then.you may have a girl who truly deserves you and she will regret her choices.i can almost garantee that.a good guy is truly a one in a million thing. =)

• Girls don't like when a guy is all over her, you seem like a great guy and I think she likes you and wants to be with you but maybe feels like ull always be there. You should back off a little and shell wonder what happened and will put in more effort if she really wants too

• Your dads right. You sound like an amazing boyfriend, if she doesn't see that, it's her loss. Just back off for awhile.

• She should already be putting in the effort, actually I have sort of been in the same situation as you before as I am the one that always puts in effort for the boy I love. I don't know if he is just using me, or he really loves me and is taking me for granted; however, don't give up on her if you really care this much. You need to persevere because even if she is just "using you" per say your heart will deny it until you find out for yourself if that is true it will hurt but then you will make the realization. if she isn't you need to tell her how you feel 100% and she should tell you the same.

• She might be scared of how much you seemed to like her, i.e. buying her expensive perfumes. I tend to shut down if I'm overwhelmed by someone's interest in me. I know it's rude, I'm working on being more polite about it... But It's a form of anxiety, I think.

• Wow I wish a guy did that for me , she crazy

• Maybe it was a summer romance? Give her some time and she might come back around. I don't like a lot of romance and all of that, so maybe she's like that too?

• Your gut and heart told you you did right and that's all that matters
    All you need to do is answer to yourself

• sounds like you two are too busy. spend time apart to find yourselves.. you are still young, just have fun.

• I completely agree with your dad. He's right on

What Guys Said 3

• It was only a summer fling, and she has other priorities in her life' her friends that she sees every day are more important than you are.

\Your dad gave you great advice.

Back away from her. If, and I think it unlikely, she really cares for you she will then come after you and want to be with you If she just drifts away-- well, you've saved a lot of time and trouble, and you will know it's time to explore life with freedom!

• This confusion on her part just shows, again, that your dad was right. She's too immature and tied to her local friends, like most immature people.

• Your dad's advice is really the most that you need. Your old man is right. If she truly does care about you, then she would make time for you.

See if she still cares by not talking to her for a while. Think of it as a break. If she cares, she will text you and ask how things are going for you. If she doesn't care about you, then you will simply have to move on (which I hope doesn't happen).

Good luck, dude! I hope everything goes well for you! Keep us updated on the situation!

• Yes.