Is dating a customer a bad idea?

I work in a Car dealership, and mainly I deal with our own technicians, but I do have a couple wholesale customers of my own.

One of them today, asked me out.

What should I have said?

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like to date or have intimate relations with people I see at work regularly or work with, although I have done it in the past. It really depends on a few factors; Do you really like this person/are really interested in hooking up or dating them and are they cool and laid back so that it does not cause problems at work for any reason. Especially if it doesn't work out. If so then go for it.

What Guys Said 5

• Did you like the guy? Was he attractive? If so, you should say yes. What's the harm?

If he didn't make you at least interested a little bit... then probably best to trust your instincts, and say no.

• I took his number and told him I'd text him.. He's out of town for the next 2 weeks but was asking for when he comes back. He's cute, I really like his accent, he's from back east, I don't know him super well, but he seems like a good and decent guy.

• If you think he's cute, I don't see the problem.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think the majority of people can handle a date or two, even if nothing comes of it, without turning into a psycho ex, and trying to screw up your workplace.

• As long as you click and as long as you're not relatives it's good to go, customer, teacher, student, friend, a stranger - doesn't matter, don't look for reasons why not to give it a shot!

• Get him to buy a car

• He already bought a truck from us.. I sell him the parts he needs for Maintenance..

• oh then do whatya want then. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

• don't mix work and relationships, always ends up in the sh*tter

• I say give it a shot. I'd have no problem dating a customer

What Girls Said 2

• Well, it depends. Will they try to take advantage of the benefits you get at work...

If they're intentions are sincere. I don't see why not. They just have to go to someone else besides you.

• When he usually comes in, I'm the only one working.

I don't think he would, the deal I give him now is almost as low as what I would pay.

• Ooh, okay. Well, I don't think it's a bad idea.

You can't help to where you meet people and develop friendship/relationships.

• Does your company have a policy about dating customers?

• I was never told about one, but I honestly do not know.