GUYS: What's your opinion on girls who don't kiss unless they are dating?

I'm curious. I have a rule where I don't makeout with someone unless I'm dating them. Not like a boyfriend girlfriend thing, but mutual interest.

I'll flirt and stuff, but I keep my lips and body parts away from theirs.

I'd just like to get your opinions on this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its better that way. You know that they want more than just your body. Not that I've ever been on a date, but I would rather have someone who didn't kiss until they were involved with someone. It feels good to know that a girl won't just throw her body at a guy like that.

What Guys Said 12

• It has it's pros and cons. On the plus side, I know she probably isn't slipping her tongue down half the mouths in the city. However, if she waits until we're official, then I'd question how affectionate/intimate she is. If she waits until there's mutual interest, then that's fine.

• I think it's good. I've seen some things in clubs (the few times I went) of people making out and what not, and truthfully, I wouldn't want that. Which is why I don't want to meet anyone in a club or bar to be honest.

• Those girls are the best ones. Those are the girls I respect and may be interested in.

Kissing someone just for kissing makes a girl easy and I would never be interested in a girl like that.

• it shows self respect! a lot of guys appreciate it!

• Sounds good to me.

• Why would you kiss someone you aren't dating? I'm confused. It's an intimate act of affection. Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud but there has to be at least some mutual attraction before I would kiss a woman.

• You would be surprised how many people act like I'm a prude and make jokes at my expense because I won't make out with them at parties and such, I've seen SO many girls do it. It's a little disturbing actually.

• They are insecure and craving affection. Don't worry about them. Would you really want do date one of those guys that makes fun? Thought not!

• No, but it got me thinking if that was the real thought process, and I must say I've been pleasantly surprised by the answers. :3

• Those are the ones I respect the most.

• I like that kind of girl. They are the best ones.

• Cool stuff.

• I think girls like you should deserve more respect! Your type is the best type and unfortunately our society lack your type of girls.

• Sounds good to me. I don't know how interested I would be if I saw a girl at a party or something kissing several guys during the course of it. Being a bit more selective is the way to go.

• I have my own opinions about this and they differ from those of my friends. I think that passion and intimacy are huge pieces of any relationship. It keeps people feeling important, feeling liked (loved eventually) and what not. I don't think I'd be able to settle down with someone who was a "sex before marriage" person, because a good sex life is very important in a relationship.

What Girls Said 5

• That's good, and I'm the same way. Guys like that girls like us respect ourselves. :)

• It makes sense to do that. I mean, I've kissed guys playing stupid games like truth or dare in high school, but I learned not to do that. I'm not the type who goes out partying anyway.

• I"m the exact same way. I don't want to be one of those girls that seems "easy" or even get too involved with someone if they don't feel the same way. Not only that I'm not just a toy that you can just decide to make out with just because your bored.

• you go girl! stay that way!

• I don't kiss unless I'm in a relationship, and it would have to be a little way into the relationship too, I don't kiss on the first few dates.