Why is it a big deal if I don't date beautiful women?

My friends give me a hard time about this, I've dated beautiful women and it was a headache and it didn't end well for me. They cheated on me, said I wasn't good enough for them, & told me no other woman will want me. Because of this my insecurities have skyrocketed to the point where I don't even talk to them. I approach average women (5's, 6's, 7's & 8's) I'm not as insecure around them and they're down to earth, the extremely attractive women (9's & 10's) are the ones I avoid because I've had bad experiences with them. Why do my friends give me hell about this? Not every guy (included myself) has confidence to have a girlfriend (I'm insecure as hell and I'll admit it).

Most Helpful Guy

• That is the way society is. Beauty is associated with quality, class, personality and skill. Good always looks beautiful, evil is hideous. The movies are like this(except for soap operas), sports are somewhat similar, politics follow a good guy/bad guy image and so on. Our parents demand that we date the most beautiful lovers we can find in ensure beautiful grandkids. Ugly is bad, beautiful is in. Always have, always will. There's no in-between.

Therefore, what you are going through is nothing new. People judge by what they see first and foremost. Only a question of when and if they wait to learn more before they make conclusions.

I personally enjoy the average looking women myself. They are down-to-earth and passable compared to the queenies and the stuck up pristine chicks who think of themselves as living goddesses, spoiled rotten by their parents. Most women who rate as 7's + are tremendously picky about their men, western women being the worst of the bunch in this regards. Leads to social problems. Therefore, the less physically gifted learn to overcome their meager looks with personality and skills. They know nothing is given to them.

Keep at it and judge the book by the novel inside the covers. I commend you

What Girls Said 5

• There's nothing wrong with dating someone because of their personality, but don't limit yourself from 9s and 10s if they seem genuine. Not every hot girl will be like this, but a lot of them do have really high standards and will make you feel this way. Sometimes it won't even be their fault: guys will approach 9s and 10s or look at them whether or not they're dating someone, and it could worry you because you realize that she could have nearly anyone. However, don't tell anyone that you're doing this because if your "taste" gets around then most girls will want to date you because it will make them feel unattractive if they are even approached by you. Honestly, if I uncovered this same question, and it said my boyfriend wrote it, I would never be able to look at him the same. It'd probably end in us breaking up and some major self-esteem issues. What I'm saying is, don't look for anyone too specific. Go by personality mostly and make sure you're attracted to a certain degree. Bitches and pretentious people come in all shapes, sizes, and looks, so just because she's a 5 doesn't mean she's a sweetheart.

Also, try smart girls. They make a lot of money so you and your family can live comfortably, and you'll make smart babies. ;)

• Beautiful women are more likely to cheat, I'm not taking that chance again after what I've been through.

• I'm the epitome of beautiful, and I've never cheated. :D

Jk.

But I get what you're saying. More men want them. Beautiful women need to be reminded that they're beautiful and desired by many. They're a handful.

• That's why I don't deal with them, not worth the headache at all.

• I think a lot of guys feel this way, and I think there is nothing wrong with it. Because there are lots of 5, 6, 7, and 8 girls out there who want boyfriends, too.

• It`s fine some people are just like that. Don`t date woman for looks date them for their personalities like if they are nice and sweet and gentle. If you find a beautiful woman and she has a nice personalitie well then, that's a bonus for you. Don`t listen to other people if you want to be with someone then be with that person

• I think the main concern here is that you advertise that you don't date beautiful women, leaving anyone girl in your future feeling unattractive or average. Maybe using the words high maintenance is a better way of putting it. Nothing wrong with that.

• honestly if your friends only go by how a girl looks and not your level of happiness in your relationship they sound a bit immature. if they're joking it's another story. but if they're being serious that's not cool they should want you to just be happy. and it's extremely shallow and unfulfilling to only be with someone for their looks unless you just wanted a fling and not a girlfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• I tend to avoid "high maintenance" girls also. When my friends give me a hard time I just use leverage against them. Then the topic is dropped lol

• Because many people care only about somebody else's external looks.