Ex-boyfriend texted me, I answered, no response....What?!

My ex boyfriend and I broke up about 2 weeks ago, he texted one week later and the convo went like this.

Him: Hi...

Me: Helloo

Him: How are you?

Me: I'm goood, and you?

then nothing...why bother texting me if you're not going to answer? is he trying to play some sort of game. I totally regret texting him back now! I feel so stupid.. The only reason I answered was because I wasn't expecting him to text me, but when he did I got those butterflies in my stomach like I did when we first started dating, I couldn't help it...Anyways, any advice would be great!

Most Helpful Girl

• That happened to me too. He texted me then I texted back then he just disappeaered so I guess that is it. Can't really tell if he was playing a mind game but I don't see the point of wanting to know why he did that in the first place anyway so I would say just don't pay much attention to it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He was prob just texting to see if you'd respond so he would know that you're still talking to him. Maybe he just wants to keep you in his back pocket in case he doesn't find anyone better. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

• Well, I'm not conceited but I'm positive he won't find any better, this break-up is really his loss. So next time I should just not respond?

• Hmm well if he said that he wanted time to pass to get over things and he contacted you just a week after the break up then maybe he's ready to try again. The balls sorta in your court since things ended on your terms. I would reach out to him and see if he wants to try again and if he gives you another chance then try and take things a little more seriously and don't break up w him over trivial things. Hopefully he can learn to trust you again and start fresh:)

• Okay, I will try that! Thank you so much!

• maybe he just feels bad that you guys broke up and want to continue being friends, so maybe don't be like rude to him or anything like that, just be yourself and be friendly but if you keep on getting that feeling in your gut it's probably just nerves because it's still excitement if you know what I mean, anyway good luck