How can one make a text conversation more interesting?

Seriously... I sometimes hate texting but with today's technology most people don't want to talk on the phone. How can one keep the conversation interesting ? Especially if it involves texting someone from the opposite sex

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting. Keeping secrets. Not opening up quickly. It will keep him curious. Point similarities. Ask his interests. Talk about him. You just start a topic and let him steer. He'll gain interest but at the same time you be a mystery... pick up random topics. Show him you are full of new things.

Hope I helped. :) happy texting!

• And help him if he's having trouble keeping the conversation going.

I hate girls who expect me to do it all the time and just stay there waiting for my next message --'

• True but I'm a very random individual and I talk about everything.. Thing is it's hard keeping a conversation going with someone who isn't much into texting.

• Keep it short... wen it gets boring den stop. Do. Not. Get. Him. Bored. Stop ryt away wich wil gv an illusion that you are interestin nd ful of new stuf plus you are a person who has a life nd is independent. Talk short. He'll realize you hv lesser tym nd wil try to mk it interestin. Lot of stuff in less tym is a lot better dan less stuf in a lotta tym... mk sure 1st that he's interested. Do not appear vain or desperate to him.

What Guys Said 12

• i wish there were more girls like you.

you know why its hard to keep a text conversation interesting? because you're not in front of them looking at them and how they react to your conversation. I think you lose intimacy if all you do with someone is send text messages.

i'd rather spend 30 min with someone than send 300 texts. time in front of and WITH the person you like is always better than sending short, little, meaningless messages all the time. if you think you can get away with it? dare to be different. don't be like everyone else. make him understand you would rather talk or actually be in the same room as him. send him just a few texts. make yourself stand out. I know that's not always possible if you don't drive or don't have a car. but there's always ways to find and make time to me with someone you really like. if he thinks you're weird or strange for being like this? maybe he's not the guy for you.

• Intersperse questions with your chat, try to get the other person involved in thinking about their behavior.

Share your own experiences with the same issue you asked them about. Don't get persoanl too quickly, just analyze what the other person described and limit yurself to that topic until you feel the time is right to go into more intimate subjects. Take it slow, just as you would in peson. Don't force tem to make big decisions online.

• if the conversation goes a little slow, don't be afraid to say something like, geez I'm suffering real bad camel toe today, might have to change these pants, this will get his mind working overtime and generate plenty to talk about lol,x

• Actually, that would help a lot when talking to girls. It bothers me that some girls just expect me to make the effort of keeping the conversation interesting and going --'

Obviously there are exceptions. A walk is always better than texting though.

• Lmfaoooooo camel toes look gross though. But in other words you're saying I should say something out of the norm

• yeah, remember, A guy has an amazing imagination, so if you wire into that with your chat, then it will never get dull,x

• Flirt always works, it can keep the conversation going longer than any other topic plus doesn't appear to be formal.

• Us guys like it short and sweet. Remember, some of us still have the old cell phones where you have to hit the same button 3 to 4 times to get one letter. We don't relly like texting or talking a lot unless it involves sex. Seriously, look at a guy's phone bill and a woman's phone bill. Usually there are very serious contrasts. Excessive texting can be just as obnoxious as excessive talking.

• You're telling me lol. When I text dudes they reply with a short text . It frustrates me ha ha .. I just sent you 3 sentences and all I get is 5 words.

• I prefer texting because I hate phones but I'll admit texting isn't the most accurate way of communication dew to not being able to tell what the other person is thinking, at least with a phone call you can kind of tell by how their voice is.

But if you text, don't use lol, I hate it when people use lol, It just pisses me off just say ha ha or hehe lol just sounds gay

• Haha that last part made me laugh. Thing is with texting sometimes it's hard telling if the person is being sarcastic or not. This is when arguments start

• use emotional icons XD -_- :) :( : /

• Put some sexual contents in to it.

• Texting sucks. Tell the guy to call. Want to hear his voice.

• Yeah but some dudes hesitate lol. Others want to Skype.. I feel like an idiot doing that so. Lol

• Add in a few innuendos here and there. I'm 10 times more interested in texting when it sounds flirty or sexy.

• Texting is difficult because you can't relay your feelings or emotions. My wife and I have had arguments over misunderstandings through texts. Sexting works good. Nothing is as good as verbal , voice to voice communication.

• simple, call them. texting is gay.

What Girls Said 0