Age difference in dating

Would it be weird for an 18yr old to date a 24yr old? its been something I've been pondering on. Maturity is a big factor I know. by the way the guy is 24. Nothing illegal just a small, normal relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares about age differences (once everyone is legal...) but I do care about maturity as you said. If both of you are mature than it is fine. However sometimes experience brings maturity. The difference between an 36 year old and a 42 year old is pretty minimal, both have been out and about in the world and on their own for a long time. However an 18 year old and a 24 year old can be much larger. The 24 year old may have been on their own for 6 years, while the 18 year old not at all. So it boils down to maturity...

What Guys Said 1

• There's no harm in it as long as you're respectful to him and he's respectful to you. Most girls prefer guys older than them, and most guys prefer girls younger than them. You're both adults and you like each other, right? If so, why should someone else get in the way of you perhaps meeting the love of your life? Good luck to you both.

What Girls Said 2

• What's more important that age difference, is maturity difference. If you're and is super blonde, immature party girl, wanting to date a mature family guy who is career orientated, the relationship won't work despite age!

I had a friend who was 16 dating 22, and they got married and still going strong. Though she was super mature, and he was immature.

What is most important, is compatibility. Does HE reflect YOU?

• no big deal.