Girls, is this a turn off for you?

I'm a 27-year-old guy who is a virgin, zero dating/relationship experience other than seeing friends (because of some past weight and other issues that I'm close to finishing up working on), somewhat shy, still in college (advanced degree past ba), can’t legally drive due to a visual disability, never been married. But I am wanting a relationship/to get married and am making a stronger effort now to chase that dream.

Is all of this or any of this a turn off?

Would you date a guy that hasn’t had any but one short term relationship?

Would you date a somewhat shy guy who is somewhat of an intervert/thinker/romantic or do you prefer an extervert?

Girls all opinions welcome!

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be the same way, though I'm not as old as you but I am an introvert a bit, love thinking and romance, and never really had a relationship before. how did I end up with the most amazing guy in the world? he was shy too, for a half a year. I'm an oblivious yet really curious person, so I didn't see that he liked me until he mustered up his courage and just flat out told me. that courage is what turned my mind towards him and I realized how much we really had in common.

sometimes if you find someone you like, tell them. you never know what will happen.

sounds to me like you would be a good boyfriend, because you are working towards your goals and reaching them, something that in my opinion I would like to have in a guy.

i don't think I would like an extrovert. I've always been shy but once you get to know me I am wild and out. ahaha XD my boyfriend is like me but a little more outgoing which I like, but he's not too much. just enough to make friends with pretty much everyone he talks to.

hope this helps!

What Girls Said 25

• People would think it was quite strange, but nothing would bar you from getting into a relationship with someone. It depends more on your current state than your history. Noone really knows if you are a virgin or not, its not going to matter. Noone on the first few dates will ask you how many relationships you have been in or how often you date (at least I find that line of questioning odd), but these questnois will come up later. I think obviously someone will want what you have because there aren't that many people saving virginity for marriage, and it's becoming a rare asset for the people wo do seek the same thing.

For me it wouldn't be an issue all the stuff you wrote, and as a bonus, you're probably not carrying any stds. So think of what you have as both assets in one case, and liabilities in another, but play them as assets.

• i'm sure you're fine. there's someone for everyone, ya know. I personally think every guy is entiled to one chance. one date. I would however, deal with the vigin thing by telling girls that your saving yourself for marraige. because then it sounds sweet!

• Well to be brutally honest you sound a bit like a dream date, at least to me. Most girls often wish that they could find a guy like you; smart, sweet, and bit of a romantic. Guys like you are becoming a bit of a rarity nowadays and any girl lucky enough to land a date with you would think you were a breath of fresh air. But I must admit some girls might think quite the opposite, its all about finding the right girl for you; someone you have a lot in common with.

Hope that helps! - A

• Not at all. Everyone has been in a position of inexperience at some stage. Whether or not you wanted it to be the case (it would be better if you didn't!) that at 27 you were a virgin, it's still refreshing to hear. Far more desirable than being an under-aged, AID's ridden hoe..! Also, the most endearing, memorable experiences are the slightly awkward ones shared with your first time, and for your benefit I hope you're in a relationship for that. Sex somewhat loses its value when your shaggin' some girl in a drunken haze and can't tell her bumhole from the right hole.

Sorry for what was quite an explicit ending right there.. It's kind of what I do. Hope you find a nice girl. Good luck.

• Not at all! You sound like you're morally strong, educationally ambitious, and a family guy. Any classy girl would like that. The visually blind thing may be an issue for se but if someone likes you enough they shouldn't care if they're the one doing the driving! They'll figure it out. You sound like a great person don't even worry about it.

• it at first is..but I think its ok...quite cute :) dnt worry about what others think..believe in yourself N ul find the ryt one :)

• no as long as he I also positive about himself if he is negative that can be a turn off and no past history is good as he is more likely to be commited to one person and you know less likely to cheat and maybe more loving

• It's a bit of a turnoff to be honest. Mostly the 27 year old virgin with no relationship experience thing.

But the good news is, it's not a deal breaker necessarily. And there are other girls like you out there.

• I don't think it's a turn off. If you can go well with the one you like and keep her interested with you then those things that you mentioned wouldn't matter. As a girl, I really appreciate guys who are virgin despite of their age.

• With all the lack of relationship experience, I think quite a few women would like this. There was no one before them, you'll have less baggage, there's a lot of pluses there actually.

• Stop being shy! be yourself! Go out there and date! Stop waiting, the time is NOW!

• nope. its a turn on for me. I would love to date a virgin guy :) girls don't care

• No not at all you seem like a guy who knows why he wants

• It's kinda of a turn off for me

but personality is all I can about

• It is not a turn off. I think a guy that is a virgin would have a lot less issues. I would like it.

• It's a good thing

You don't have any baggage

• none of that would matter if I really loved the guy..

• more like turn ON! I want to marry a virgin guy!

• Innocense (persay) is cute in my opinion <3

• Marry me?

• I don't think it is a turn off at all, but as someone who is very similar, I think it makes dating a little hard to do. If you are anything like me, you feel awkward with your limited experience and are probably more aware of it than they are. I only had one relationship in my later days of college, and the longer I go without a relationship the more uncomfortable I feel getting into one. The best thing you can do is realize it may be a turn off for some, and if it is, whether your inexperience in relationship communication or experience or whatever is a problem - it's their problem, not yours. If you want someone to be with you, they have to accept you as is.

Personally, I prefer someone inexperienced to someone who wanted to be in a relationship just because "everyone else is doing it" and they feel they are not good enough being alone.

• No. Believe me, I would understand how you feel. I'm also shy and inexperienced, so I know it can be tough to compare yourself to others your age. You just have to be positive and know what you want.

Being shy like you, I don't know about you, but I always go for the more outgoing type to balance out my shyness. You might try looking for a more outgoing girl. It's amazing how opposites attract and everything falls into place. It might surprise you.

You sound really smart and you are a guy who has yourself together. Every girl, especially the ones your age, is looking for guy like you who's doing something to educate himself and better himself in more ways than one. Just work on your confidence and have faith in yourself. You will find the girl for you!

• Not a real turn-off, I guess you just had bad luck in the past. Introverted guys are fine, there's always something left to learn about them and they don't scream for attention. They have the quiet, strong confidence I like.

Try to be cool and act as if you're really comfortable on a date, the girls will be less tense too. And just try asking some girls out. Take it step by step though, don't try to get everything right the first time. The only way you're going to learn this stuff is by throwing yourself out there and learning along the way ;)

• I'd be all over that. Nothing wrong with anything that you said. You say virgin like it's a bad thing, when in fact, it's like the best thing ever.

• It's not a turn off, it seems like you've been working on yourself which is a good thing. You're inexperience shoudnt be a problem when you find a girl that appreciates you.

What Guys Said 1

• what girls say they want in with the end up with are 2 different things