Why do guys act like this during a breakup ?

Hey guys! I was wondering if you all could help me with the problem that I have been having. My ex and I have been broken up for almost a year now. I was his first girlfriend with everything and he still acts the way he does when we first broke up ( he runs away from me when he sees me) he broke up with me over a text message. and now I'm not looking to confront him or anything I am just curious as to why he still acts like this if its almost been a year. plus we both have mutual friends in common and they are still having to split there time between us both because he still can't be in the same room as me. I don't understand why he is like this if he was truly over me wouldn't he not care if I'm around? does he still have feelings for me ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he may still have feelings for you, I am sensing he is a pretty young guy? (In his teens or early twenties?)... I am 40. But when I was 20, I had a "serious" break-up, and looking back on it, I was horrible about it; I was so angry (like how the F--k could she break up with ME?!)...

Looking back on it, we shouldn't have been going out at all... she was way to "drama" for me, came from the wrong kind of background, I was way to aggressive for sex, and she was way to heavy on the relationship kick (she was talking about marriage when I was still a senior in college ~ yeah, WAY to early for that stuff).

In any case, I can talk to her now ~ she is a wonderful Mom of 3 kids, and we both "gave-up" our hate over how our relationship ended. The key is maturity... if it's there, you can have a great relationship. If it's not, it's a real struggle.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds to me like immaturity. Keep in mind that guys don't really start maturing mentally until they're in their mid twenties. If he is your age (which yours says you're 18-24) then he lacks the mental capacity to man up and get over it. I don't understand why he's acting that way if he broke up with you though. But either way, whatever the issue, its his maturity level at his age.

• To be honest, not to be a prick: something about you brings up a really negative reaction in him. He doesn't like you. The fact that he broke up with you in a text message says it.

What Girls Said 2

• Does he have a new girlfriend?

• no he is not in a relationship with anyone since we broke up

• Oh okay... Well maybe the breakup was really hard on him. I've been broken up with over a text message too! And that is an awful feeling, isn't it? I think guys who do that are insecure and don't have the "tools" necessary to deal with a breakup in the right way.

• Hes probably still not over you or he doesn't know how to act towards you.