For online dating,do you think girls should reach out to guys?

...or just wait until the guy sees that the girl has been viewing his profile,and then HE decides to reach out to her...

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually wait until the girls sends me a message. I send messages too. I think it should be both ways. To explain, profiles are sometimes not very informative. Some contain photos only. It's difficult to come up with a message. Many girls dislike when you are just saying "hello." They think you should say something meaningful.

Sometimes, I visit the girl's profile and message her right after she looked at my profile.

The majority of my messages elicit no replies. I almost always reply to a message. But the shorter the incoming message, the shorter my return message is.

So the consequence of it all is this. It's a good idea to have a nice and informative profile.

• Hmmmm...I think it is pretty easy to start conversation even if the individual only has a punctuation mark on their page.There's so much to talk about always!:)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Girls have so much leverage online they can do whatever they damn well please.

Ideally you should stick to what you find most comfortable, because that often sets the tone for the entire relationship. But when the market is so ridiculously lopsided like it is for women online, men have to approach or they don't get to play.

• Sure. Better than wondering "what if?".

• Girls should probably reach out more, but I'm a guy so I'm biased lol. As stitches said, girls hold all the cards when it comes to dating, especially online

• wish it would happend more often

• From a male perspective, I think I speak for most guys when I say I wish girls would reach out to guys for ANY dating, whether online or "offline".

What Girls Said 1

• I've had it up to *here* with this "who should make the first move" line of crap. It's ridiculous.

If you like what you see, what is the problem with introducing yourself? It's not like saying, "Hey Mark, I'm Kathrine. I noticed you like snowboarding almost as much as I do!" is really putting your heart on your sleeve or putting yourself too far out there. What are they going to say that could be so terrible that we're all too afraid to approach the opposite sex?

So, in my opinion, if you notice someone and want to get to know them better for any reason, you should take a moment to say hello. And this goes for men and women.

Personally, I want to be the person who initiates contact in almost every case, whether it's in person or online. I'm most comfortable with that. It doesn't always go somewhere, but I'm hardly ever left wondering that way.

• I personally don't mind reaching out,as I seemingly do often,but I wanted to hear others opinions about it.

• That's what I'm talking about. It's so much easier that way