Can you tell if he is awkward/inexperienced with his texts?

There is a guy who texts me everyday. In his texts he will put stuff like:

"Hopefully I'll talk to you soon."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Maybe I will see you at school tomorrow."

"Sorry I fell asleep on you, I will talk to you later."

What's up with maybe and hopefully? Is he just an awkward guy who likes me? Haha.

We are both 21+

Most Helpful Guy

• He most likely like you, and is trying a bit too hard to be polite. Then again, it does look more awkward when you pick random pieces of sentences and put them together.

Who knows how it fits in the conversation.I think the only reason he adds these words is because nowadays people tend to say at the end of a conversation: "I'll ttyl" and that's it. if I said that it, it would just me "Leax90 out". By adding his "maybe", "hopefully" and all, he is trying to convey the message that he actually means it, and really hopes to talk to you the next day again.

But it does happen 99% of the time when the guy likes the girl.. it's like when a girl puts way too many smileys :D :P :) xox

I hope it helps ^^.

What Guys Said 4

• I say things like that when I like a girl, only if she has shown interest back in me though. I'm somewhat awkward around new people but not inexperienced. Out of interest why does it matter?

• ur reading too much into it I think

• I'm actually the same way. To an extent. But that's on the rare occasion that there actually is a girl that I text back and forth.

• That may just be how he texts. Personally if I just met someone I'm rather short too the point.

What Girls Said 4

• To me he just sounds like a guy that likes you, isn't afraid to show it, and is trying to be respectful. He apologizes for not replying since he fell asleep which means he respects you enough to let you know that he wasn't ignoring your texts.

• That's definitely awkward. I'd say he's inexperienced or insecure, but everyone else here is saying that I'd be wrong lol

• Babe, he definitely sounds awkward about it. I've had a guy friend who did the same thing and you could pretty much judge from the tone of his messages lol. He wouldn't be mentioning future prospects (even just contact) that frequently if he wasn't keen. Lol is is that guy? :P

• Could mean nothing. That could just be what he says when he ends conversations.