Have any of you ever dated a narcissists??

what was it like? how did they treat you? how did they manipulate you? who ended the relationship? what was it like for you after the relationship ended?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, I did!

Being in a relationship with a narcissist is emotionally draining. At the beginning, a narcissist seems so charming, nice, gentlemanly and he convinces you that he loves you so much - more than himself. It seems so real. He makes you believe that he understands you better than anyone else and that he cares about you more than your family and friends. It's a plan, you know. He wants to isolate you from your friends and family so he can have total control over you.

Sadly, the girl catches the bait and thinks she's the luckiest girl on planet Earth.

Over time, his true colors show. When he *thinks* he has good control over you, he will start to treat you differently. He wants to control you - where to go, who to speak with, what to dress, who to add on Facebook (yeah, I know), etc,...

At that time, the girl starts to feel confused, "How come he loves me, but thinks I'm no good. It's all my fault. I'm a loser" He starts to feed on your self-esteem. He starts to blame you for every single argument or fight that happens. You start apologizing for things you didn't do. You are supposed to be a strong and confident girl, so how come you're crying each and everyday. A narcissist basically eat your soul alive.

He gives you the silent treatment whenever you question anything. You are supposed to feel content and smile even if he's treating you badly. If you complain, he will get defensive or give you the cold shoulder. A narcissist is extremely emotionally abusive (not usually physically abusive in my case). He will try to manipulate you into believing that you are at fault ALWAYS.

He likes to play mysterious. He enjoys playing your mind and seeing how you'd respond. He likes to see that he has a strong effect on you - even if it means seeing you cry everyday. He won't share unless he wants. He will blow hot and cold - hot when you decide to leave and cold when you want to be close.

You will never be emotionally satisfied with a narcissist. He doesn't know how to love even to love himself. Narcissists are so hollow inside. They feed on other people's supply. He has to have someone to control or else they'll feel empty and miserable. It's called narcissistic supply.

I decided to leave and it wasn't easy. Ever since I did I never looked back. I stopped all contact and I kept busy and enjoyed my life. I'm not crying anymore. I saved my sanity and peace of mind. It took a year or so for me to wound my scars, but I made it happen. He, on the other hand, is still an immature emotionally abusive narcissist. I hope he grows up oneday even though I'm almost sure he won't be able to.

My advice to every girl out there...narcissists never change so whenever you spot one...run for your life.

If you want to know more about narcissists, check out this blog link It helped me to heal.

Hope this helps. :)

• I just wanted to thank you for sharing this link... :)

And glad you got past this experience in life... :) :)

• You're most welcome. And, thank you very much. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0