Is it weird that I prefer texting?

Is it strange that I would prefer texting over a phone call? I know that some kind of verbal communication is important, but texting feels more comfortable.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally prefer calling. In my opinion it is more personal and engaging (well out of the two). I think texting is nice for quick chats when you are busy, calling definitely takes time. Also, you have a chance to think over your words while texting, but to me it doesn't feel like a legitimate conversation. It all depends on the context.

• What do you mean by context?

• Well, if you're asking a quick question or having casual conversation texting can be fine, but any kind of meaningful conversations I do over phone calls :)

What Girls Said 6

• Not weird at all! Lots of people prefer to text rather than call. Some people even have anxiety over phone calls.

It's completely normal to prefer to text. Texting is quick, easy and convenient. You don't necessarily have to be able to talk to the person right away, and they don't have to be there to receive your call. They will eventually get your text message. So sometimes it's just more effective.

Of course it's good to have verbal communication. We are humans and we were giving the gift of talk for a reason, so we should use it. But it's okay to text people and feel more comfortable with that mode of communication.

• I don't really find it weird. As a woman I can say that would be highly irritating at times because we like to talk (usually) so texting is nice for short convos or w.e. but it's not the same as hearing the other person when they laugh or react. It's hard to tell tone over text as well.

You being a guy...I don't find that weird at all. lol.

Texting is easier for some people because there are no awkward silence and you don't have to come up with things to talk about or pay attention really. lol.

Hope it helps =P

• Well... I think it's not weird.. but at the same time... if you're talking with a girl who likes you she may want more than just a "text" She wants to talk to the real person behind the text lol.

I think texting is great if you're shy and afraid to tell a girl your feelings over the phone especially when you haven't made that connection yet.. but if you have a girlfriend I think calling is better but if it's just friends.. texting is okay but if they're your true friends wouldn't they rather receive a call rather than a lame text that's so easy to make?

• You and me both

I also prefer texting

• Usually boys don't like texting, I pefer calling

• I am the same but that is because I'm lazy. I think my next relationship I will try not to text so much because with my ex we pretty much only communicated through text, first time we said "I love you" was over text... and it just isn't real communication... if you mean something you should be able to say it to the person's face... he would call me beautiful, and baby over text but in real life he rarely said it and if he did it was awkward... so I started to not believe him when he would say sweet things over text. So to sum things up in the long run texting can lead to miscommunication and saying things you don't actually mean and it can ruin the relationship...

What Guys Said 2

• I hate talking on the phone but girls like being verbal and she may get upset if all you do is text.

• Yea I hate phone calls too ha ha :P

• "some kind of verbal communication is important" Some kind, really? Wow.

"more comfortable" Yes of course it is, because there's little effort involved in it compared to speaking to someone over the phone or in person.

It's not strange, it's just lame.